2002 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab

Has a “ventilated” 4.7 (but you’re going to change it anyway right?) This is in very nice condition. It is a 5 speed 4X4. I think the engine could be changed to meet the need of a gasifier, either a 5.2 or a 5.9.

If someone has the desire and knowhow, I think it would make a great project. I was going to do it but I’ve decided to build my 454 Chev instead.

Price is extremely negotiable. I do not need to make much off it. I just want to see someone make it a gasifier.

Contact info is in my profile.

6 Likes

That’s a nicer truck than any I’ve owned in this millennium. I don’t know what Ventilated means but if the only problem with the smaller engines is timing, it is not hard to find work arounds especially from MSD. It’s one of the better styled trucks in my opinion as well. I think the seat belt is going to be a problem with the steering though.

3 Likes

Ventilated means she’s got the weight reduction holes in the block.

4 Likes

AKA its a “winded” block, with speed holes

3 Likes

Not as hip as I thought I was. How about a V-10 Dakota? 440?

4 Likes

LOL. Old towers trick, I use the belt to hold the wheel centered so I can tow it from behind like a trailer.

5 Likes

I knew that William. I’m not as dumb as I look or as witty as I think I am. If you lived in my area I’d definitely be interested in that truck.

5 Likes

Is it still for sale?

2 Likes

SURPRISINGLY I still have it. It still sits in the exact spot it sat when I originally posted it here. Are you in Oregon? Make me an offer.

3 Likes