2015 Indiana Woodgas Meetup | Argos, IN | May 29-31

Rons wood is also treating my truck well. edit (when it had brakes)

2 Likes

Just got back from vacation late last night- looking at all the videos and pics. We met a lot of nice folks, it would be almost impossible to thank everyone for the fun and good info. we did a lot of advertising for DOW on the way back. Got asked questions about the truck in just about every state we traveled. (3,200 miles). Just want to say a special thanks to Ron and Rhonda for all their hard work and hosting the event; and to all the ladies who worked so hard to provide the food. Enjoyed meeting everyone and seeing your builds!! A great group of folks from all across the states. Learned a lot of new stuff from Gary Gilmore and others about charcoal gasification and my family and I enjoyed being part of the music!! I could go on and on but need to go unpack from our long trip - Once again, thanks to all.

4 Likes

The Forestry Forum wanted to know who drove the furthest to Argos on wood gas and how many miles? Hybrid is OK I can explain that. Randy, 3200 miles, was that on wood gas?

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff
It was 630 miles one way for me. Used 800 lbs of wood and 30 gal of gasoline. I think I’m just a baby compared to the others. But still one of the cheapest educations I ever got
Tomw
P.S. I also got to meet TomC

2 Likes

I got to meet Tom C too! One of the highlights of my weekend.

1 Like

Thank you Tom and Don. I assure you, it was my pleasure to meet you and so many other people with common interests.

I said I was done experimenting with my truck, but on the way home I hit a head wind that about stopped me in my tracks. So this week has been spent cutting the heat exchanger and working next on cutting the hopper all down by 5 inches TomC

1 Like

My odometer showed 813 one way. About 800 lbs. of wood, and 13 gal of gasoline for hybrid driving. The trip home was very similar. I did not dump bio-char on the way up, but it was really, really full. I did dump at the motel half way home.

1 Like

Hello Jeff.

I think for this year we should issue the award for the most miles driven with the least amount of gasoline to Carl :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks Tom and Carl. I’ll pass those numbers along to the Forestry Forum.

Jeff

Photos from Tom Collins:

6 Likes

Thanks for the pictures Mr. Tom.

I think we can safely say this was the biggest wood gas event ever held in the US. Also very interested to know if it might be the biggest wood gas event held in the world in the last 50 years ??

It was real good to see you again Tom C.

PS
On the long trip to Argos I took a lemon along and used it to keep from smiling so much as to hurt my face. Back home from the event and back to work I have been going wide open working the V-10 and the wood burning tractor in the hay fields . In these conditions I find it necessary to keep a lemon nearby also :relaxed:

2 Likes

Mr. Wayne; The picture of your truck looked to me like it was yawning. It slept well after the long trip up to Argos.

Driving around home I do like to take a stalk of Rhubarb to chew on to relieve the smile. But on the trip I was about as nervous as a lady of the night in church; going through Milwaukee and Chicago. I pretty much feel that way anytime I go there ( just a country boy ) but on wood it added a little. Next time will be better.

My renter got the hay off in two days ( cut and chopped ) I can’t believe it compared to the days I spent just cutting it, let alone baling it.

It was a great get together this year, but I do think we need to check with the boys across the pond before we try world records. I have seen pictures of some busy get togethers in Europe. There were several people that I recognized by their rigs that I would have like to talked to but with all the people, I didn’t want to interrupt and they all seemed so busy. Gives me a reason to come back another year.TomC

5 Likes

I agree on being nervous in big cities.

1 Like

Tom I know just how you feel; I have worked in a lot of the biggest cities in the country, and still hate the thought of driving through them, let alone stopping. Al

1 Like

I drove an hour out of my way to avoid the Cleveland mess…

Jeff

2 Likes

No wood Jeff i am new to woodgas i didn’t feel confident enough to drive that distant i towed it all the way maybe i will try sometime in the future

We’re here. Let the party begin. Now all we need is everyone else.

2 Likes

Oops, wrong thread. I’ll try again.

1 Like

You just went back to the future. Have a great time.
Bob

1 Like