'95 Dodge Dakota

Well I hesitated to post on this, but I would repair that frame- if- the rest of the frame is good, and the top(above the rust) can be welded to. Cut a length of 6’’ channel long ways to match the cut out of rusted part. Make cardboard templates. Shouldn’t take more than 6-8 hours

10 Likes

Well, with my post above, what i meant is: always fix the vehicle first, then woodgasifiy it.
Start with the boring, on to the fun. :smiley:

And not meant to discourage anyone, i would gladly repair a broken frame, instead of cars “unibody” sheet metal rust junk…covered in thick undercoating. :smiley: :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Were this ten or 15 years ago, these trucks were cheap and plentiful. As time marches on, the limited supply dwindles.

As vehicles feel more like mobile computing stations and less like basic transportation, repairing damage which once may have been foolhardy begins to seem more and more reasonable.

Not that it makes sense to keep every vehicle on the road forever, but as has been previously stated, the body looks so good and to build a WK gasifier, you’re looking at hundreds of hours. Adding another ten or 15 more is at least worth considering.

9 Likes

There were a -lot- of vehicles on the market which were shipped north after hurricane Katrina, the flooding did a lot of damage to the whole undercarriage. We had quite a few in lansing at the used car dealers. I am not saying that was the issue with this vehicle but sitting in saltwater for weeks isn’t good.

9 Likes