'99 Dodge Dakotas and Rams

I take your comment as stated. My experience for many years is I never “top the fuel off” Meaning when the pump stops the first time you quit. Otherwise you flood gas into the vapor canister and it will leak.TomC

4 Likes

Indeed! Just a figure of speech. I meant that I filled it until the pump stopped. I never go past that.

The leak stopped earlier this afternoon once the gas tank hit just under 3/4. I’ve spoken with my mechanic and am bringing it in soon, which I was going to do anyways for a full look-over and tune up. He is a good guy and I’ve asked for some extended time with him to learn about the truck and what makes her tick.

I knew I was getting a truck with “character”, we’ll see just how many things need to be addressed next week. In spite of this, I’m still super excited and even more appreciative of its solid riding, idling, and shifting.

1 Like

look at most of the driving videos the gauges are all on empty I find I do the same 1/8 tank I figure I can go 500 miles so why fill it :grinning: less to carry around. glad to hear you found a keeper

3 Likes