ADAPTech Projects

Some of them. The little skid steer the truck and trailer and the gun rack are my own. The crane, road grader, bulldozer, and the base of the track loader are designs out of a book I have. I had a semi truck and trailer that I made that i gave away as a birthday present to my best friends youngest those plans came from the book. I had a excavator and a dump truck that I designed but I ended up selling them.

12 Likes

Toy engineers are the best ones.
Rindert

1 Like

I spent a lot of time flying RC with a toy engineer. He work for Markā€™s Toys. They would send him all over the works to study things like old aircraft so they could make a toy version. Those were the days

5 Likes

Jakob spent the day grading the site for the new pole shed teaching facility. It will also house all of our gasification equipment. Uploading: KIMG0433.JPGā€¦

1 Like

This outdrive is for sale. We pulled it out of a boat that we stripped out. I think it is a good one. It is behind a marine 350 . KIMG0416

Economy is a little tighter these days. One of my fleet customers did not want to replace all these parts, just the stuck caliper. Didnā€™t want to spend the money on parts.
KIMG0420 KIMG0421

Jakob moved some dirt yesterday to finish grading the site for the new teaching pavillion.
KIMG0424
KIMG0433

10 Likes

The Mercury outdrive is temptingā€¦ I have an old 1973 Mer-Cruiser 165 hp, I wonder if they changed the mounting, yours is much newer! Mine is a project that may never see the waterā€¦ (21ft. Starcraft V-hull aluminum runabout).

2 Likes

I have started working on a char lawnmower. The deck was doesnā€™t work but I have a trailer for it so I can use it for hauling. I built a a fitting to tee in to the intake. I planed to use an old tar tank for the gasifier. Today I patched a hole in it and cut the opening for the fill up.
Jesse

20200305_173727

20200305_164955 20200305_165006

20200331_124056 20200413_153949 20200413_164328

13 Likes

I am waiting to get O2 for the torch to continue on the gasifier. So I am planing on building a cyclone does any one have the ratios.
Jesse

1 Like

Jesse,

Will this help?

3 Likes

I found dimensions in the library.
Thanks Jesse

2 Likes

I also found this book. Pages 183-187 has dimension information for cyclones:

http://www.drtlud.com/?resource=prs84100

4 Likes

I thought this was very helpful.

1 Like

This is my cyclone built to the dimensions in the handbook. The first attempt I did the math wrong the second attempt worked. tomorrow i am going to build the trash tank

20200414_172756 20200414_180036 20200414_182958

This is Jesse. I started a thread for this. Maybe Chris can move this over there.

5 Likes

I am preparing to start a wood project to make an electric generator. Does anyone know how the timing advance on wood compares to an engine already set up for propane.? Are the burn rates the same or similar enough for it to work without adjustment?

Donā€™t remember anyone talking about it before.

2 Likes

You can ā€˜fly by the seat of your pantsā€™ as they say. Just get it running first, then vary the timing to give max power.

4 Likes

i see you are doing cyclone, it works much better if the inlet is square, i adjust the sketchesā€¦

5 Likes

Lifts are good for more than cars this make trailer lights very easy.
KIMG1122 KIMG1121
If any one is looking to buy rubber fittings I found a cheap place compared to any else I have found, with free shipping on orders over $100.00. It is called SUPPLY.COM It comes out of Atlanta Ga I ordered a box of them yesterday at about noon and they arrived here today. I also have ordered other fitting there for cheaper than Loweā€™s and most defiantly Home Depot.
KIMG1125

5 Likes

Today dad and I got the generator out and got it going sort-of. The Generator is setup to run on natural gas and we are using propane so it does not run the best. The thing only has 110 hrs on it. It will run for a little over a minute then die out and when it is running the battery will charge at least the gauge says so but there is no power coming out of the leads. Here are a few pictures. Does anyone have any Ideas what it might be that is keeping it from producing power? I need help I donā€™t know anything about generators.
KIMG1140 KIMG1142 KIMG1143 KIMG1144 KIMG1145 KIMG1146 KIMG1147 KIMG1151 KIMG1154

3 Likes

I understand Jacob you have a problem with the electricity, or with the electrical part of the generator, if it is synchronous, then it acts much like an alternator, only has no diodes, so it checks the rotor winding, brushes and measures the excitation voltage that is supposed to come from regulator, ā€¦

4 Likes

Two people have told me know that I need to excite it. To do that do I just hook up an electric motor to pull on it or do I have to connect it to power? How does that usually work? If I do Have to connect it to power Is it safe to connect it to the power grid to do so?

1 Like