Argos 2022 Planning

Billy, Thank you for the schedule. Very informative. Looks like a lot of fun!
We have some changes to the old truck.

Back to the Basics. The Red truck is now naturally aspirated. Runs better than ever.
Done with the old! If anyone wants a supercharger, I will make them a good deal :slight_smile:
Looking forward to this weekend.
Ron L.

7 Likes

Hey Ron, do you run through the carburetor or is it separated like the Mother Earth News style?

1 Like

Only if someone more tech-y than me can figure something out.
ANYONE? ANYONE?

Jesse just said something about live streaming to youtubeā€¦whatever that means.

Well my friend, as one of my drill sergeants used to say. Suck it up buttercup. LOL
Actually, I figured others would chime in and help you out if you asked them to.

4 Likes

Only issue is youā€™d have to broadcast from a laptop. You canā€™t stream from a phone for YouTube unless youā€™re a bigger channel.

2 Likes

Hi Cody, now the woodgas is run through the carb, 600cfm holly quite a lot of volume.

4 Likes

You ever get soot messing with the jets? Iā€™ve been mulling over this problem with my Mazda, I run a Weber 32/36.

1 Like

What about skype and zoom etc?

3 Likes

If possible, l wuld just like to say hi to my old friends, phone is good if nothing else is available. As far as lm concerned there is no need for a actual live stream of the events, videos and photos will be made l am sure!

4 Likes

Thereā€™s always Facebook Live. It saves the broadcast to be watched again as well.

1 Like

Not so much problem with the jets as having to clean the linkage and keep the plates freed up.

4 Likes

If nothing else Kristijan I can call you on Signal. But we should try to figure out how to make a video call work.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, my school changed exam days and it is right on this Argos event dates, I will not be able to make it. I am hoping next year I will be able to go no problem.

2 Likes

Wow, I just figured out the fuel cost for next years travel for Mike and I at the gas prices right now. $5.10 a gollon it is higher in other parts of the state.
At 17 mpg. On the Dodge Dakota it is right at $1200.00 round trip. If we take Mikeā€™s truck and put my truck on his hauling trailer. I am guessing he would get around 8 mpg. That would be $2550.00 round trip. Yikes we better figure on driving on wood, driving down there next year. With his hauling trailer we could haul enough wood for one way minus my truck oh well. These are just some of the New challenges we are facing us for next years event and in every day life. How about putting a pickup camper on the hauling trailer too. Then we could save on a motel bills too. The world is changing and DOW is helping people to make the changes in every day life.
Looking forward to lots of videos from you all and pictures too.
Sorry we canā€™t be there to enjoy this years great DOW, Wood Gas Meet Up Event. Make sure you do the night flaring of the gasifiers. This is always cool to see at night.
Bob

9 Likes

You might just have to ship the trucks down here by rail and fly. Might be cheaperšŸ˜ƒ

6 Likes

We may have to consider that shipping method.
The 2020 trip cost was right at $5000, YIKES

Gas $600, motels $600, meals $300, then since the 1995 F250 transmission failed when about 700 miles into the trip
Tow $100, repair $2500, car rental for a week $1000.
But camping, food, and friends plus the great stories made it well worth it

Miss you guys and gals and the FOOD!

13 Likes