Argos Event 2023

What Kristijan said - minus the burger.
@JocundJake, I haven’t seen Wayne around on any of the pics - maybe he’s busy giving rides :auto_rickshaw:

10 Likes

20 Likes

Thanks for all the pictures! It is good to see some old faces I haven’t seen for a long time. Too long. Driving from Maine to Indiana is too far for me alone nowadays. Was tempted to go anyways but have been bogged down building another one of my portable domes for my daughter this year. I truly hope you all have a great time there!!!

17 Likes

Would like to see some pictures of the portable domes.

10 Likes

Ok, (hope no one takes offense for sharing these…)

I am in the process of re-inventing myself out of land surveying into figuring out how to make a living out of making domes from 1”x2” strapping and foil-faced rigid foam insulation. The first pics are of a 2 story 21’ diameter dome, the last pic is the 17’ diameter dome that I usually make with a floor and 4’ wall. I frequently get asked “how much” but cost is a moving target and the time it takes to invent the various elements varies from each dome I make and what is intended so I always shrug my shoulders with “no idea”… but THANKYOU for asking!

20 Likes

Hey Robin. I am determined to build one of those things. I must confess though, i think we may have lost the plates you gave me. But then, someone else probably knows where they are better than I do. If not…I might have to come begging again.

7 Likes

I think I know where they are

7 Likes

Ah-ha!

You are All invited to visit for a maine vacation and dome workshop free anytime. There are some tips I could share on the domes that might be important to know, like in anything, there is always “secret knowledge” that helps things move along. Plus I am only an hour from pristine beaches along the coast and an hour or two from many large wilderness lakes to the north ( and no poisonous snakes or spiders/scorpions anywhere up here…but that’s a secret just between us, ok?)

15 Likes

One of the highlights of the meet up this year is that we got to see Chris and his family.

Rhonda Lemler on patrol

Music around the campfire

Captain Jakob’s charcoal powered boat

24 Likes

Don, thanks for the pics, but are there kinky material on that video, since you’re keeping it to yourself? :smile:

9 Likes

AND I didn’t hear any music around the campfire.

7 Likes

THAT certainly must have made the trip worth it- to see chris and famley- biutifull famley you have there CHRIS. MAY GOD BLESS YOU for your family. AND god bless your family.

12 Likes

Thanks for catching that J_O. Video now public.

10 Likes

Yes JO

I did give a lot of rides :grinning:

Wife and I made it home safe and was able to make it here before dark . It was a 640 mile trip today .

Too tired an sleepy to type right now but will jump back on the site as soon as I can :blush:

20 Likes

22 Likes

Uploading: IMG_20230610_190534206_HDR.jpg…

A few pictures! Lots of rides given! Mary , Ronda, Hanna, Chris Saenz

20 Likes

Happy Woodgassers Jordan and Adore

I :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Thanks for all the pics, good to see Chris and his family, I like that boat too. Jakob, glad to see everyone that could make it this year wish i could have gone.

11 Likes

Also been wanting to see Ron L.'s truck haven’t been able to come since he has been bringing it

11 Likes

Thank you to everyone who made argos event happen and sucess. Thanks to everyone who helped with my truck. Thanks for all the great food, there was many items and all were very delicious. I had a great time. Thanks

14 Likes