Cyclone Challenge

Ah yes, hide the evidence. I like the way you think : )

Stephen,
I’ve been looking at your cyclone build and wondering if it would work for me?I am building a smaller wood char unit 30 gal.propane tank with a 4"stack 3’ to 4’ tall with a 2" fire tube I’ve built two 100 pound units and they work find I would like to get the size down I use a cyclone and cooler that I bought from Vulcan Gas.I have a 5 and 9 hp generator do you think your cyclone will work for my need ? I want to take it to Argos.Let me know what you think and give me a price.
Thanks. Dan Moore

Hi Dan,

I am still a little sketchy on what you are looking for. Obviously the cyclone size depends on the engine size and load, not the gasifier. My 1" inlet/outlets like this:

but with professional welding, not my hack job are $200. If you would like the cooling jacket the total is $350. I have four units on the shelf. The fans can be either 115VAC or 12VDC. I have those in stock as well. Did I answer your question?

Stephen

Steven,
I am wanting to try your cyclone on my charcoal gassifier will I have a problem with filter ? I want to use a solar panel or a batteryI may need a container for clean out will I be able to get before Argos? Let me know when and how to order.
thanks Dan

Hi Dan,

Will you have a problem with filter?..I do not understand the question.

The 2" nipple on the bottom is a clean out reservoir. You can add a 2"X3/4" pipe coupling and add a quart Mason jar at your own risk. They work great most of the time but I have had them shatter in very hard sneezes,

I have all these items on the shelf ready go if you want them.

Please call me at 1 (207) 584-3380 so I can be sure I am sending you the correct size.

Stephen