Design criteria

Nice work (and lots of it). I’ve watched the slide show about 4 times already. Plenty of white in the flare from the water drip. Will be watching for updates and results. Thanks for posting.

Great video Don. I have watched it several times. Is there any chance you and Chris could start a new “thread” or “Link” or what ever it is called? Then could you post individual pictures with comments before or after each photo? I think I’m missing a lot of the concept because I don’t understand that fluttering butter fly in the air intake and I see the vents for steam but don’t see the water coming into the brake drum. TomC

2 Likes

I’m guessing that the fluttering butterfly is supposed to drop slag and a bit of ash into the ammo box where he can re-screen it. With that large flare, I wonder how much of the ash will “glassify” and turn into slag, and how big the slag blobs will be? Wood ash forms a glaze at 800 C or1472 F. (Carbon Dioxide and water are broken down to CO and H around 1832F, but I doubt the thermocouple is located in that spot.) Looks like his first thermocouple is showing 1729.9, and the second one (water temperature) is showing 163.5. The big question in my mind is, “did the fluttering butterfly survive?”. Guess we will have to wait for the thing to cool down so Don can take it apart. Can hardly wait for more information!

3 Likes

I don’t have time right now because I have to leave but I need to start a new thread like Tom suggested instead of muddying up Wallace’s thread.

3 Likes

Don the part of the puzzle I’m having trouble putting to gather is " why did you need a spot welder"???TomC

1 Like

Don carry on:
The title is design criteria and you have some ideas.
I would be delighted to hear more about it.

2 Likes