Discovering my freedom in Minnesota

I see snow ! :+1: That should do the trick.

2 Likes

Didn’t one of Arvid’s tractors that he gasified have a FEL on it? Maybe he can pitch in some info on the topic? @tritowns

Nope… no front end loaders yet. Ron L has a gasified tractor with a fel

1 Like

Nice tractor and fast hitch adapter. :relaxed:

3 Likes

I’m sure you will find a way to make it run on wood. Ron’s tractor really impressed me.

3 Likes

Good Deal BillS.
Go on youtube and search up woodgas tractors.
Be several that show how others accomdated a front end loader problem.
Look for a New Zealand vineyard system. They put most all of it up back above the rear three point hitch work area platform mounted to keep both frontloader and rear threepoint capabilty. Ha! Ha! Keep you warmed up in the cold, snow moving around.

We are all just ON THE ROAD TO BETTER personal freedom
Steve Unruh

5 Likes

The first measurable snow fall and I let my son take the truck and plow the road. He slipped into the ditch and came an got me. So I jumped on the tractor and we went down the road and yep, got the tractor stuck too. Decided to wait until daylight to recover both. The next day the neighbor showed up in his Ford V10 and all is good now.

4 Likes

Let the winter fun begin.

3 Likes

Bill
Couldn’t tell from the pic but have you ever tried using the bucket to push your self out backwards?

4 Likes

Yes Tom, that’s how the tractor ended up in the ditch too. Hahaha

3 Likes

I’ve bought that T-shirt also lol

Snow is pretty ________ fill in the blank. We used to call it “winter sport” when I lived in N. Indiana.
A back blade in heavy snow is a steering force to be reckoned with.
Don’t ask me how I know.

3 Likes

Hi Bill; This is a nice looking tracto.r What size engine does this have?
Looks like you have tire chains, very good that snow can get pretty slippery. This will be a lot of fun while getting the work done.

4 Likes

Been there with the old tractors, lowsy on snow and ice. Need a Skidster with headed cab 8’ blade and tire tracks for the fun up there!

2 Likes

Hi Bill,
Ron_L noted that you had chains. You’d be surprised how much it helps steering to have a set a chains on the front tires also. Been there, done that. The snow does add a beauty of its own though.
Pepe

4 Likes

Chains, on the rear, that don’t fall between the cleats are nice. Sometimes it’s possible to link the cross chains together with splice chain.

4 Likes

Adapted a wood chipper to work with my tractor.

6 Likes

That is great work Bill… Slightly scary in a “Tim, The Tool Man, Taylor” way…

2 Likes

I had this chipper all summer but nothing to use it with. Last summer I was burning the branches but now I can do something with them.

3 Likes

Bill S, keep on keepin on. You will get to the point you might even get a little board up there in the woods, or maybe not. I cut and split 15 cords every year, and have 1 years worth saved up just in case, (you know brokin arm, leg, etc. I did this all by hand until this year, bought a new wood splitter in Feb. Just couldn’t do it any longer. When I first moved up in the woods (1977), (25 miles out of town) I cut lots off wood, got cold water in the house ( ram pump), then plumbed the wood stove for the hot water in the winter, and passive solar for the summer months. I didn’t see anyone for 10 years, so staying busy was very important to me. Hunting for food and furs, fishing, and trapping in the winter months was and still are the things I do as much as possible.

OK, movin on here. I just wanted you to know that my hat is off to you, and wish you/yours the best. I enjoy watching the vid’s and pic’s you post, they are very inspiring.

GOOD LUCK, AND BEST REGARDS!
Ron H.

5 Likes