DOW Driving Habits

@Wayne , I was under the impression I already watched every video of yours, but I obviously missed a good one.

@Jan , everything from lightup to shutdown may take a while to learn, especially if you start from scratch. Building our own gasifiers we have a head start, since we already know about all the bells and whistles. Imagine the learning curve for an avarage person during WW2, with a brand new factory built Imbert delivered and no crank up gasoline available :thinking:

@Tone, remember empty barrels are the noiciest. Don’t believe everything I tell you. Consider some of it spice to the conversation. I’m old enough it doesn’t bother me if some people roll their eyes.

9 Likes

Okay all of you guys with Drive On Wood Women this a new one. The (DOWW) has now been formed. Do you ladies realize you are more like 1 in a Billion women that are doing this DOW accomplishment. Very Special group of women indeed. Congratulations you have earned a new title of the DOWW.
My wife as never sat in my truck yet. Nope has not driven on wood as a passinger. But I Love all the same. She loves knitting, I am not doing that, forget it. It does go both ways. Lol
Thank you guys for the wonderful videos. And a new video topic thread (DOWW) that should be started.
Hoping she will become a DOWW, Bob

10 Likes

Gee BobMac,
is not most metal welding done by tip-end, puddle-melt, weaving and stitching?
S.U.

11 Likes

This just pop up on You Tube. Cool. So I loaded to my FB page it is under my aka Jefferson Paige
Bob

11 Likes

No offense to @Jan , but I think your wife is ready… My favorite part of the whole video is when she is revving the engine before you even start. I was waiting for her to lay some rubber down on the road when she started. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I could tell JO was getting really nervous and he mentioned it. She is a Hot Rod DOWW going down the road.
Bob

4 Likes

The boring truth is I told her to, because the idle happened to be so low it was almost about to stall. I should have turned the knob just a hair before we switched sides.
A long time ago I loved driving fast, but for some reason I was never impressed by rubber wasting techniques. Tires will wear down fast enough as is.

10 Likes

Whatever! We all see that gleam in her eyes. We all know better. :stuck_out_tongue:

It isn’t rubber wasting, it is redistribution of natural products back to mother nature. This of course is assuming, your dandelions are up and have been harvested and processed the good stuff and applied it to your car tires. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was aware of wood gas from the time of the early Mother Earth News articles Bob but it wasn’t until they ran the article about Wayne, I think it was in 2012, that I knew I wanted to be part of it. Joined as fast as I could after I read that. I wonder how many others got involved because of that article.

4 Likes

Yup the MEN articles and and Wayne’s earlier videos is what sold me on gasification and I joined as a life time premium membership to get the book “Have Wood Will Travel” it has been the best membership I have ever joined. Also the very best group of people from all over the earth to know and to appreciate. It gives me hope for the human race. It is surely a Blessed group of special people. I am very happy to be part of DOW. Members have come and gone but we are getting new members all the time.
Bob

8 Likes

That’s the truth no reason helping them out with it.

5 Likes

I thought I might report on gauge readings .

About 22 hundred rpm

75 mph 120 kmph

About 3/4 throttle

Cross over pipe heat about 650F

Hottest part of the cooling rails 475F

Fuel hopper temp about 125F

Fuel hopper vacuum 4 inch water

Cooing rail vacuum 12 inch water

Motor side of hay filter 18 inch water ( 0-60 inch water scale )

13 Likes

Thanks Wayne, that was very good information.
Cross over pipe, is it far from gasifier?

1 Like

The 2200rpm at 75 still amazes me.
With the Volvo I would expect all numbers to match 55 mph, at probably less than half the power need :smile:
@Jan I guess you could say cross over is the gasifier outlet.

4 Likes

Good morning JO and Jan .

Couldn’t think of a good name so just call cross over pipe .

This is where the gas exit the gasifier and enters the heat exchanger .

The 650F temp was going in to the heat X and the 475F was coming out of the heat X. A distance of 2-3 feet .

10 Likes

Sorry , wind noise . Need to turn the volume down.

9 Likes

Good morning all.

My V-10 ram got to rest a few days while we were on our Argos trip but it is back to it’s farm duties now.

The tractor broke down while mowing hay so had to make a race for parts before closing time of 140 miles with the dakota . ( ran great )

I have never claimed to have dependable equipment but do have predictable equipment :smile:

15 Likes

Working with wood .

10 Likes

I don’t know if driving a tractor falls into the dark, but I’ll join in anyway, here’s a climb with a heavy load, two large oak logs, probably a total of 4 tons. The phone sounds bad to me, but you can hear how the diesel behaves on wood gas, here it worked almost 100% wood.

17 Likes

Bump up to the top so new members can ride with us.

3 Likes