DOW Driving Habits

And once you have the certification its good for life. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Have Wood Will Travel

10 Likes

I need some animals so I cant make excuses to go to the feed store in my v10 :joy:

5 Likes

I recommend chickens. Golden Comets also go by other names. Not big birds but they are egg laying little monsters. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I got a bunch of chickens all different kinds at dads house, eggs as far as the eye can see. Need a piece of land, really want to do some beef cows game birds like quail and pheasant and rabbits. Probably some pigs to. You know, make me not depend so much on hunting season to fill the freezer for the family

7 Likes

Well at leiste when you have too go back too store for more odds and ends, your burning wood instead of gasoline. Seems like i been for getting my list all week, and burning petro back too the store, luckily i only have 3 miles too town grocery store.,Walmart is only 12 miles away.

4 Likes

So the other good news is DOW causes you to forget things so you can DOW even more. I like it. Something to look forward to when I have put a lot more mileage under my belt or become a full time DOW driver. How many miles Wayne did you have to drive full time for this to start happening?
Bob

3 Likes

Good morning Mr. Bob

About 20 times around planet Earth :smile:

7 Likes

I have been using my work truck ( dodge ram ) very hard for the last few weeks including this morning . I realized I havenโ€™t driven my Sunday truck ( dodge dakota ) in about three weeks . Spent the afternoon in the dakota with a trip into town and visiting :blush:

16 Likes

Looks like you alibamians missed the rain from hurrican ian, or was it windy while ian was hitting florida. Your new V10 truck is working just as good as you other red V10, about how long would you say your V10 gasifier lasted before it was time too build a new unit, ? THANKS walmart store front looks smaller than some walmartโ€™s.

2 Likes

Hello Kevin.

About 11 years of daily use and most of the gasifier is original . I have replaced the hopper and burn tube I think . I would need to read back through the build thread to be sure .

4 Likes

OK THANKS Wayne K your design gasifier has too be one of the longest lasting design burn tube designs, Lasting far longer than imbert bun tube designs, And seems too tolerate a wide choice of wood too burn,tar free,Thanks for sharing your design gasifier complete system, it works well, and you have LOTS of miles proven.

4 Likes

The old burn tube was the original design and you replaced it with the update, right?

Wonder how long the W. Smith burn tube will hold up.

2 Likes

A video of daily use.

Very boring because no fire or smoke will be seen no booms and bangs but more importantly No Gasoline will be used :blush:

13 Likes

My old 460 ford from 12 years ago :blush:

11 Likes

Wayne as a work truck what did you notice better and worse about the 460 vs the v10

6 Likes

Good morning Jakob

The 460 ford had a carburetor .

I will try to avoid carbs and use fuel injections if possible .

6 Likes

was there a lot of power difference in the two trucks?
I am looking at a f250 with a 460 fuel injected engine in it and I wondering if it is comparable to the v10, your best guess.

3 Likes

Hey Jakob .

Your gasifier will be the weak link and needs to be monitored to keep from over heating . I think at the end of the day the 460 will produce about the same amount of work as the V-10 .

11 Likes

Thanks for the video Wayne of your good old red Gasified Ford truck. Oh I forgot to mention that this is one of your BEST videos of your Ford truck pulling a load.
Bob

5 Likes