Early wood gasifier from Australia

I managed to find this on pdf
wood_gas_burner_full-plans.pdf (1.1 MB)

4 Likes

That’s awesome Timothy, thanks for sharing!

4 Likes

Only a pleasure. Hope it helps

3 Likes

Wonderful of you to put this up Timothy.
1987 and on KurtJ did sell this as a plans set. 30+ years and decades since his passing-on I figure high time to open release them now.

Large. Clear and fully readable. Details in these now legibly reable words I’ve been guessing about. Most of the time correctly. But sometimes wrong too.

Odd. The pdf link has my name on it though??? Not me who loaded this up. You? If so I’ll feel honored. If it had been Mike LaRosa back in the past, I’ll still feel honored.
S.U.

4 Likes

Steve the link location I believe is your computer having downloaded it and viewing in a PDF viewer. The new Windows internet browser doubles as a PDF viewer.

Also I agree, and I hope Chris decides to add this to the Library section when he has the time.

3 Likes

Also digging, found this:

Was at the bottom of that blogspot link from post #9 this thread. Thanks to Mike L. (rest in peace)

8 Likes

Again only a pleasure. Least I could do. The site I found them on was nutech 2000 and free to purchase with just an email address. They have some interesting articles.
The video Mike just posted is from a WIP on the Forestry forum. Over 29 pages of info on that build - this is the link: Wood burning truck! in Alternative methods and solutions

3 Likes

Mike that’s the Mother Earth News gasifier not the Johannsen gasifier

4 Likes

Yah,So? you want me to start another thread? he he. it is in context here. read /view it or not, your choice!
Quote: “Was at the bottom of that blogspot link from post #9 this thread. Thanks to Mike L. (rest in peace)” I was still composing that post when you corrected me on the “Not the same gasifier” True, that. This thread is becoming a goldmine of “misplaced” info! :grin:

4 Likes

Hey guys view these on-Youtube and then the builder presenters channel show as “oldplaner”
Open up his channel Video’s and Shorts and see others.
His later charcoal gassed riding lawn tractor.
His newest BenP’s book design woodgas fueling an electrical generator. For, Just-IN-Case.
“oldplaner” is DOW member @paul Halverson.
Very much alive and well. :slightly_smiling_face: :grin:
Doing personal scale make-foods crops machines now. :grinning: :smiley:
S.U.

6 Likes

Ha! Now with the MENS system up too, I should have mentioned that the WK and VesaM’s are much more complex to build also due to they are designed and built to be disassembly, modular. A section burns-out or corrodes-out then just that one section needs replacing.
KurtJ’s; the MENS; S.E. Werners made from tanks plans and BenP’s book systems are all-weld-ups systems. Makes for quicker building; using far less materials. Can be a lighter overall system too. Repairs? Have power for an angle disc cutter tool. Have a mini backpack oxyacetylene cutting torch set handy.
Speaking of that; I’ll bet KurtJ. gas-torch and filler stick puddle-chasing welded up most all of his system. He certainly had to do some sheet metals shrinking and hand fitting for his top and bottom edges three shells gathered-in. gas tight welded seams.
S.U.

3 Likes