Exhaust gas redirecting- egr

Okay this is very good then. Think about this use water to cool the gasifier down and make more Hydrogen gases to burn. This will make your gasifier more efficient using less fuel in the hopper. It is a win, win.
I guess this is why I have not used the combined egr and water. I try to Keep It Super Simple (KISS) the more I DOW, or run a Genset On Wood (GOW)
Bob

6 Likes

There clearly is an ideal situation where you have the right through put of air and moister to regulate temperatures and make good clean gas

And there are design issue

Too much heat melts the ash
Not enough let’s water through

It would be nice if there were a way to adjust things on the fly

6 Likes

If power is sufficiant, RGR beats them all plain and simple. Yes, water drip is more efficiant, energy wise, and has more power, but efficiency wise EGR is not far behind. Thumbs up!

8 Likes

I have to look at the glowing charcoal to tell. But in driving a vehicle down the road, it just not practical to do. So a way I like to work it is with the water vapor nozzle.
Inside my intake tube on my flute nozzles is another tube. If this tube starts to get hot the water will evaporate and pass through the main flute nozzles. Any extra water not vaporize will run out the intake air tubes and on to the ground. If you forget to shut your water off at shut down it will not run into the charcoal gasifer charcoal and get it all wet.
Bob

6 Likes

Matt’s system also has that sort of failsafe. Drops come in from outside the nozzle and will be broken up by the pulse of incoming air, if demand isn’t high or if it’s shut down it just drips to the ground.

I used a stainless steel straw with my open ended flute for the updraft. I wanted enough metal to keep from melting the rubber fuel line I used. I noticed that the water drops would glide across the hot steel and dispense steam down the flute via Liedenfrost(sp?) Effect.

6 Likes

On a stationary gasifier gen set, its pretty static so no need. Just set it and forget it. However I was thinking about this on a vehicle. I think I could easily control a fuel injector using temp readings from the reactor.

8 Likes

I like that idea Matt, and I know you will be the guy that will develop it.
Bob

6 Likes

Yeah some day lol. I have too much on my plate as it is. I have the VersiFire gas storage unit we are manufacturing the first proto and then Im bring back the controls systems and integrating this into the systems so that they can be upgraded to these options with a plug and play system.

7 Likes