SOLD: John Cleveland's 1980 Ford F150

You must mean Hare’y LOL

1 Like

I won’t count my hours or dollars invested. A lot like raising kids. But then again, how could I accept a purchase offer when what is my time worth? Catch 22.

1 Like

If you dont have time too use it,then it really it better too sell too someone more retired, or has more extra time The good part is you have all the knowege of how too BUILD manage and operate a wood gas truck,or welder generator.Hate too see you have too sell it is all.God Bless

1 Like

Hi Kevin. I would prefer to sell the entire unit intact. I think the right person would enjoy getting a complete unit that is ready right now to drive on wood. If, however, it doesn’t sell then I would be willing to split it up and sell the gasifier as a stand alone piece. This far people haven’t been beating down my doors to buy it so maybe its headed that way. If you have further interest in this option let me know. Best regards.

Give people some time to think about it.

Jeff

Man, thats a cool truck. And cheap for a wood gaser. IF I had some money it would be something I would buy. But for now I am just going to keep gathering parts for my gasifier one part at a time. @jcleveland78
Good luck selling it and i hope you don’t disassemble it. That would be such a shame. :frowning:

Hello, I’m interested in this truck, but I didn’t see a phone number. Maybe I missed it. Anyway, my number is 256-2522133. Billy in AL.

1 Like

Hi Billy. I private messaged you my number (or at least think I did). Let me know if for some reason you don’t get it. I’m still figuring out the bells and whistles of the new website. Thanks.

1 Like

Well I took the truck out for a drive last weekend. Cruised around some back country roads on 100% wood. Took this video while I was at ithttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTAjk6moF1s

4 Likes

So this one is carbureted. How often do you clean out the intake? And how long dose it take you?

Ps. Trying to justify this truck, even if I have to sell my curent truck.

watch out john I have a 78 trans am that was for sale I hadn’t drove in a few years someone was interested so I got it out a couple of days before drove it around forgot how much I love the car and short story still have it.

4 Likes

Hi Robert. Yes this truck is carbureted. I have about 2,000 miles driven on wood on this truck and have never cleaned out the intake. I suppose to do it I would remove the carburetor, plenum I built, and then shop vac out the intake manifold. That would probably take 2 hours or less I would think. I would be interested in hearing how someone else with a carbureted truck cleans theirs out. I don’t know if they burn them out like they do on the fuel injected trucks or not. I’m sure at some point mine will need cleaned out, but so far there is no indication of problems and it has never “cleaned itself out” by catching on fire.

1 Like

I hear you loud and clear Paul. Believe me, that thought crossed my mind last Saturday as I was out driving the truck. I had forgotten just how liberating it is to drive down the road at 55 MPH using absolutely no gasoline. I think I had a goofy grin on my face all weekend!

3 Likes

I see no problem pulling the intake at 3 too 5000 miles except,i would or will be putting a block drain someware,too get the anti freeze below the intake ,for ease of removel.

Below is a link showing me cleaning the intake manifold on a 460 carburetor-ed ford. I think it had 3-4 years of woodgas use .

http://forum.driveonwood.com/t/intake-cleaning/486/7

1 Like

Good morning Wayne K , Thanks for the update on the time before intake needed removel cleaning.That is good news for carberator wood gas transportation.

Just checking too see if you had sold the truck yet.I been checking for buyers.

1 Like

Truck has sold to Billy North. Congrats Billy!

1 Like