Ford Trucks

I agree, when I had my mill, I couldn’t give it away. I will enjoy driving by the pumps. The small stuff is the hardest to get rid of at any mill operation, which is perfect for us. There is a never ending supply out there, most times free for hauling it off!!!

I drove into town early this morning to the coffee shop and set at the news and gossip table to catch up on local news and complaints. A lot of issues were talked about and even got into the high price of gasoline with a lot of whining and complaining. There was never a mention of wood gasification even though my truck was park near the entrance and was visible to all. I just smiled and never said a word.

The guy that was doing the most complaining about gasoline prices made mention he needed to get home and burn some lumber or brush piles before the rain started! Just a guess from his description of the piles would have been enough wood to travel a year.

Thank you Wayne for enabling us to be a part of this. A tradition, a club, a movement, a solution, a technology, whatever . . . it’s great!

Ha! Ha! Good exchange.
Life just becomes So-o-o-o very much easier once a fella stops trying to convince or even explain the whys of it.

Let them figure out thier own whys.
Then with the self-convinced spend a bit of pay-back, on the shoulders of others, courtesy time on the hows, whats, and what nots of it.

You know, this does make us all a type of 1%ers.
Funny though I still do not feel at all eye-leet yet. Just practical and even rich in Life.

Regards
Steve Unruh

1 Like

Well said Sir Steve! After forty years of watching eye-leet attempts to improve on mother nature’s finest fuel cells, I admit to admiring their perseverance. But until they get it figured out, a few of us will just just have to settle for what works right now.

1 Like

We have the very same little coffee shop type situation in my home town. There must be one in every little town across America. I actually can’t wait to be the topic of discussion again. It has been a while and I’m long over due. Like Wayne, I’ll be smiling all the way to the bank. I am on vacation and headed down to the farm in southern Illinois this week. I’m going to start the process of getting my truck ready to move up to my home in northern Indiana for it’s transformation.

Hi Bryan,

Please keep us updated. My project truck is going to be my dads 1967 chevy straight 6 .Not sure of the CID atm.

Well Gents,

It has been over a year since I have posted on Drive on Wood, well past time for an update from me.   I am still working, going to college full time and will be completing my Bachelor's degree at the end of this summer (2014).  I had not planned to become a Premium member until I graduated, way too much of a distraction for my studies.  I get to thinking about all of the possibilities I personally have for woodgas, and well, all of you all know what happens, ............no explanation necessary.  I have also been recovering from a full shoulder replacement surgery.  I could no longer take the pain from the arthritis in my shoulder.  My recovery is ahead of schedule and I am doing well.  I would suggest having this done for anyone who is plagued with this type of affliction, a little tough out of the starting gate, but gets better quickly, at least it did for me. 

A couple of weeks ago, I finally ran out of patience, I just couldn't wait any longer to become a Premium member.  I became a Premium member a little ahead of schedule and here is one of the biggest reasons why.  As I was being introduced to woodgas last year from one of the very first Wayne Keith videos that I watched, Wayne made a statement which has haunted me ever since.   He said, " I like to think we've added a few extra twinks to it and improved it quite a bit."  So,......what exactly did he mean by that????  Well now I know exactly what he meant, quite an "ah hah" moment for me! 

You have also created an awesome set of construction videos.  The book is a great resource for the history leading to its design and another tool further illustrating and supporting the concepts and information found in the videos.  Everything is easy to understand and comprehend, great job putting it all together with Chris.  I realize this is old news for you two and most everyone else, but it's not for every new member who opens this information up for the very first time.   I used to consider myself a very frugal and above average welder and fabricator of steel.  Hats off to you Wayne, years of experience and your simplistic designs shine though your proven concepts and fabrication techniques.  I normally make things the difficult way with alot of mathmatics and measurements involved, you may have broke me of some of that.  Above all else, your system has worked for many and it is going to work for me!!

I look forward to getting out of school this year and getting started on my truck this fall............see  you all in Argos.

Bryan

Good Morning Bryan ,

Thanks much for all the nice comments . Glad the shoulder is up and going now.

It was a pleasure meeting you at Argos !! I must admit that in the last ten years with traveling around on wood gas, speaking with groups , visitors etc. I have met thousands of people . The ole brain doesn’t have the ability to remember all of them, but when some one walks up and standing flat footed on the ground and looks over in my fuel hopper mounted in the bed of my truck and have eye to eye conversation with me standing in the truck it is hard for me to forget them .

Thanks again
Wayne

1 Like

Wayne,

Glad you remembered me, I’m honored! d:-)

At this point would you suggest building a 16 inch or an extended 12 inch for the 460? I am okay with the added cost if you think it would make a better operating system. I want to start locating and obtaining materials for the build and need to decide in which direction to go.

Bryan

Good Morning Bryan ,

If cost is not an issue I would definitely recommend a 16 inch fire tube for the big three motors ( Ford 460 , Chevy 454 and the Dodge 488 )

I wish I could find the 85 gallon ( 26 inch ) drums at a reasonable price . In my area I can get 55 gallon drums in the $25 range but the 85 gallon cost me $180 and it takes three do the project .

Wayne,

What is your preferred length and thickness on the 16" fire tube.

Many Thanks,
Bryan

Hello Bryan ,

I think if I were building for the 460 and using the 16 inch tube I would have the length about 22 inches . If it happens to be too big for the truck and your driving a smaller restriction plat can be added .

On my 318 Ram I just happen to have a 19 inch length 16 inch dia tube so i used it as is. I started with a larger restriction plat but the gasifier was running too cool so I put in a smaller 6 inch restriction . Seems to be doing good at those dimensions .

. http://driveonwood.com/comment/15126#comment-15126