5 Likes

what ecu programing how did you get that trade secret

Eprom from the ECU

Asia and trade secrets…:grin:

3 Likes

SWEM

4 Likes

Hi Koen.

Your truck has a efi. How did you activated the injection of gasoline to run on coal gas?
You seem to have not the same problems as Gary!

Thierry

2 Likes

Dog gone it Koen, you have some really cool vehicles over there!!! Some one suggested the other day that the problem I am having with my Ford Ranger is the fact it is a Ford. As a Ford owner all my life, that is hard to swallow, and not ready to give up yet. Still really like the vehicles you are “firing up” on charcoal
Gary in PA

6 Likes

Gary; what is the latest on you Ford??TomC

Hey Gary, maybe your Ranger needs a brain replacement that doesn’t have an agenda from Dearborn, Michigan. I think this ECU could be transferred to every charcoal truck you ever own. http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/megasquirti-programmable-efi-system-pcb30-assembled-unit-p-56.html

4 Likes

Hey Garry, any updates on any issue’s ? Insights available about the problem cause ?

Thierry,

Working on a modified injection system, using now an external signal to “tune down” the length of the injection period. from 100% to 0% also possible to go higher for rich mode…

Combining with:
Air mix valve automation, core temperature from the gasifier and vacuum indication.
Then let the ECU “feel” if its on gas ( Air mix valve signal ) or on pure gasoline.
Combined with ALM/O2 sensor
Works as a charm so far…

Also going to implement that on the latest generation diesel engines i am working on…

Playing with water…

Also learning about the visible effects on the gas…

here you see the actual water getting injected in the lightning port.

After extensive playing, the moist in the charcoal will result in the red color.

I was running on 2 cooking stoves simultanious, finding out the turn down ratio and how deep the quality of the gas goes, still allowing me to start the engine when needed.

Once the temperature is nice settled again an the charcoal bed at ease, nice blue color re apears. A wunderfull world of experiments :wink:

smile at the reving sound after the water gets squirted in…

3 Likes

Hey guys, I’ll give you an update on the Ford Ranger thread.
Gary in PA

3 Likes

Working on the alternator setup for the electrical Trike…
Stripped the regulator and feeding now with a PWM
Original its a 80 amps 24V, with only 12v on the stator windings i got it up to 130 Volts already.
The Trike has a 60V DC Electrical motor, 20 Amps.
Today i tried the first connection, run with wheel of the ground, no battery connected.
Worked fine, tomorrow a run on the street without the weight of the battery’s…

I want to make it Hybrid… Charcoal gasifier / battery…
Looks that it can do even without the battery :stuck_out_tongue:
Today’s test was with a brand new GX200, on gasoline yes… i was to lazy to fire up a gasifier for this short test…

3 Likes

Hi Koen, when do you sleep!:grinning:
I have always thought that hybrid or vehicle battery charging will be the eventual way forward for gasifiers and vehicles. There is the weight penalty but the flexibility should make up for it.
Someday for me, good luck.

2 Likes

where as everybody have to wait for some spare time after the job, this is my job…
Having fun, all day long… why should i waste time with sleeping :grin:

10 Likes

Hi Koen,

When you use the water drip for your charcoal reactors, do you determine the drip rate by the sound of the engine or some other method? Too much is not good and too little is not efficient so how do you determine - just right?

Don

2 Likes

hi Don,
one safe way to approach this:
i use an infuse drip with an dedicated amount of drops per volume.
example 20 drops for 1 ml
i calculate the amount of charcoal to be used per time frame
example 1 kg / hr
i use for starters 7 to 15%, by weight, from the charcoal
in this case: 1 kg charcoal = 70 to 150 ml water drip
1 ml = 20 drops, 70 ml = 1400 drops, 150 ml = 3000 drops
1 hour time frame for 1 kg charcoal + water drops
1 hour = 3600 seconds
in this case : 1400 drops in 3600 seconds is one drop every 2,571 seconds or 23 drops per minute.
3000 drops in 3600 seconds is one drop per 1,2 second or 50 drops per minute

this is a safe staters amount, even for direct drip in, without a pre heating coil.

since i use a coil and higher temperatures in the core, the waste heat vaporised the water already in the coil, i have used water up to 50% already

5 Likes

Hi Koen

Are what I understand well?
You made varying the excitation voltage of your generator and you measure up to 130 volte a way out?

Thierry