Gilmore style?

Yes. Wasn’t meant to be a jab at gasification, Just reality

Nothing’s perfect. If cars ran perfectly there’d be no CO in the exhaust. Same for woodgas… a little bit goes right through the motor without burning. Better tune up = less CO emissions.

4 Likes

Hi Koen

the solenoid valve operates in all or nothing (open 100% or 100% closed)?

Thierry

Hi Thierry,
Yes in this test setup it does, but with some tricks of course :wink:
Having a minimum pipe and a maximum restriction, the solenoid never closes the minimum (hand valve on secondary pipe )
Imagination is the only restriction in life :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You are absolutley right Koen but eaven with 120% of oxigen it is not posible to burn absolutley every molecule of CO becouse every chemical reaction has a diferent reaction rate coeffitient. That tells the amount of reactants that will actualy react to form products. Unfortunaly l cant find my old textbook with the table of reaction rate coeffitients for most usual reactions. They are usualy guite high meaning most (lets say 99,5% or more) of reactants will actualy convert to products but with a poisonous substance the 0.5% can not be neglected.

2 Likes

Hi Kristijan,
That is exactly why woodgas is to prefer above gasoline…
Less reactants in the fuel (read producer gas ), much cleaner emissions… lets keep it that way… clean and green…

3 Likes

yup, i am learning how to weld the bigger things …

and she’s happy with it :wink:

Ow yeah, this one is for a huge distill / cooking set (booze) , to provide the heat for the cooking

3 Likes

Welding it on the chassis, next the small one, learning by doing…

3 Likes

looking good I see nasa calling :grinning:

2 Likes

replacement for the spaceshuttle program… Launched by charcoal Hydrogen :grinning:

5 Likes

Can I pull the rocket out with my charcoal tractor…? :smiley:

2 Likes

Setting up a new alternative space program, everything with charcoal…
Even charcoal dust in a geostationary orbit, to block the sun radiation, preventing the heating up of our atmosphere :grinning:
Only our imagination is the limit … in our dreams :grin:

2 Likes

reminder to myself… don’t forget to install the safety lid… or walking on the moon is eminent…

3 Likes

Koen; One thing that jumped right out at me with this build is, 3 legs might work better than 4. You know that old saying that 3 points determine a plane. The 4th leg might make it harder to sit steady on a floor. TomC

3 Likes

Good point Tom, I build 3 legged log tables because they stand on uneven surfaces much better. Oh yea it is way easier too.

3 Likes

It might be better, but i had to opt for 4 coy of the dimensions and the tipping point.
It takes more radius with 3 legs then with 4 for the same tipping point
More radius = more floor space occupied

The launch platform from NASA is not to be altered…

3 Likes

second stage… :grinning:

just fun in fitting, but the faces here…

6 Likes

Gilmore style is getting recognition…

facebook/phapanggasifier

1 Like

Koen, are you still coming up from the bottom with your nozzle? Is that just a lighting port on the side? Are you still using TIG cups? Looking good!

2 Likes

Hi Don, yes its the lightning port but also can be used as a nozzleport, build it all multifunctional