How do I size a charcoal gasifier for a Honda Goldwing?

If stay modest with water and keep the temperature up in the core ( between 1100 and 1300ºC ) then no moister will be produced and all Co2 will be converted into CO and H2

Condensers are only needed for raw wood gasifiers

The only limit is the ashmelting temperature from your charcoal

Next study case is nozzle size and or multiple nozzles

3 Likes

That’s good to know Koen. I look forward to trying that out.

Mr Keith! I’ve been telling folks about your work for years! Hope to contribute something of use to the community.

My hope is to use the Charwing as a daily driver/hauler. It’s rated for 1100 lbs, which I hope to push with a sidecar and trailer. Beyond that, I’m working out how to run a PTO off the shaft drive, or convert it to hydrostatic drive so I can use it as a two wheeled tractor/mobile power unit for work around the farm.

I live in West Michigan about five minutes from Don Mannes (next town up). Once the sidecar is mounted I intend to ride year round. Tends to float between 0-32*F during the winter. Summers are mild up here.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I was stationed at both Ft. Benning in Columbus and Ft. Rucker by Dothan. Being a Texan, Alabama and Georgia felt like home.

Pedrick patented a sickle bar mower on a motorcycle.

Interesting. I know Rokon developed quite a few implements several decades ago, but they don’t seem to be pushing them these days as we moved away from homesteading as a society. I’m still hard pressed to find any manufacturer who’s built a motorcycle with a PTO. It’d be great to run hydraulic chainsaws in the woods.

With a gasifier running a genset, a electric chainsaw works great in the woods just need a long enough cord. I run my electric chainsaw on about 100 feet of extension cord.
Bob

2 Likes