International Supply, and me

Good luck. plus 12 characters

4 Likes

Oh, and it does look like Stephen’s horizontal cyclone idea (our cyclone came from him) works pretty good too…

3 Likes

I did manage to stick the intake valve this time… leads me to believe that first the chips are way too wet, and that I don’t have enough cooling either as too much moisture is getting into the engine… I have a couple of things I want to try as a pre cooler, if it works properly it should make some hot water for me… and I need to check my grate to see if my lower nozzles are actually pointed where they are supposed be…

raining today so I won’t get much done as the gasifier now lives outside…

maybe tomorrow.

1 Like
5 Likes

Good looking flare there Arvid. That should run an engine just fine.

Winter is coming. Maybe you won’t need a cooler then. High of 60 today.TomC

1 Like
4 Likes

started work on a chip dryer today… well, I’ve had some of the components gathered up for a bit, just gotta put them all together.

4 Likes

Looks like I’m going to be talking at an alternative energies class at a local college at the end of october.

Now I just have to figure out what I’m going to say.

6 Likes

Way to go professor, you will do fine!

4 Likes

Uh! Oh! Looks like it is contagious! : )

3 Likes

we’ll see how it goes once I get there.

flared the gasifier for over an hour today… no shaking, no poking… just lit it and let it burn… nice clear flare… when it went out on it’s own I just shut everything down. I’ll let it cool till tomorrow and see what it looks like.

if it work the way I’m thinking it did, it’s time to take this one apart, give it a good cleaning and a coat of paint.

I guess we’ll see tomorrow.

5 Likes

Good job Arvid. What did you use for that hour of run time an air powered ejector or a vacuum fan blower? How did whatever you used compare to an engine draw? You light it at the bottom, right?

I still need to make a better cooler so I was just flaring.

I light it through the top then fill it with chips, just like all the gassers I’ve built to date. I may incorporate a lighting port on the next one I build… maybe for my lawn tractor… we’ll see.

I did have to shake the dust outta the chips, but it’s still as good or better than before.

The ejector pulls a lot harder than the small genset we use, but not as hard as the case tractor.

I haven’t lifted the lid to see what was left I it. Just let the flare go out and then shut everything down. I’ll know more tomorrow when I open it.

2 Likes

well, gasifier still had more fuel in it than I expected so I poked it down and re lit it… made good gas till it stop flaring.

Opened it up and there was a nice char cone from the nozzles down to the grate area… i think I figured out the fuel hang up so I’ll let it cool off and then pull it apart so it can get cleaned and painted.

fun stuff.

5 Likes

Not a lot been going on here lately… it’s been very slow.

We’ve moved to a build that the boss has had for a while … don’t need to pay rent for something that isn’t being used fto it’s full potential.

With it being so slow I asked around to some local trucking companies about doing some part time switch driving… figures my first load is to vancouver bc… not really a switch … lol…

Once I get back home I’ll be retaking the 5th wheel driving course. … refresh my truck driving skills (getting paid to do that) and them I’ll do some part time driver instructing for them.

I’ll still be working with International Supply… gasifiers are still available on a per order basis.

This will let me have a few more bucks so I can get my projects built… I’ll be working on my new version as soon as I can… may even share bit of what going on inside if it works to my satisfaction.

Stay tuned

12 Likes

Hello Arvid
When you have a trip to Vancover , traveling through Sask.on # one highway ,you will be 12 miles from where I live.( 12 miles north of Parkbeg Sask.) I would like to meet you if you had time to stop for 10 minutes. I would meet you at the highway if you phoned me when you would be there.I would need your phone number for further instructions.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m in Calgary ab right now, doesn’t look like I have a load out until tuesday. I’ll let you know when I’m headed your way and we’ll meet up if we can

1 Like

Hey Avrid
Sounds good
Calvin

1 Like

My trainer couldn’t come into work because of a road closure today.

So, I got to take his driving students out around town. Was a good day, they’ve come along way in a week. Onward and upward.

4 Likes