Jesse North's Restoration of Mike La Rosa's Gasifier Trailer

Hi jacub is this your car project or your brother jessie car, i was trying too find one of those gas missors when i found a pontiac vibe today, i wounder if that model is dohc or sohc. the dual might be a better canidate for charco, do too the close valve too head clearence if so much closer on dohc motors.So they say anyway. just a slite bit of tar could bend a valve on those engines much easyer. I think i might try chargas gilmore simple fire on my pontiac 1.8 engine dohc. PS whats up with the motor in the aveo, can you fix it. ?

2 Likes

Are you planning on leaving the gasifier on a trailer or mounting it on the car

5 Likes

The car is a family car I (Jakob) put an engine in itand Jesse is working on the gasifier system. We plan to keep the gasifier on the trailer and make it quickly removable. Although this might get me excommunicated Some in my family don’t like to DOW, so we will have to make the gasifier remove quickly for them.:grin::grin: One job we are going to have to do is build an intake manifold because these cars only ever came with plastic.

9 Likes

Did you buy a used engine out of a bone yard? I would think that would be a hard engine to find. TomC
I don’t know why but I have been missing these post. Good video. I as an old man really enjoy seeing young people doing something that in my mind is much more worth while than texting friends all day. I just went back to the old we sight that we use to post on before DOW. I know Mike posted everything he was doing on that sight and I thought it might be helpful in your restoration. Yahoo woodgasbuilder I see you capped off some pipe with “tin cans”. Mike would have really enjoyed seeing that you are carrying on one of his traditions— he coined the word “obtanium” for his projects but it was more than brake drum, garbage cans, and old hot water heater; it included tin cans, bailing wire, rubber bands etc. etc.
You are making us all proud and you are honoring one of the early and original woodgas builders. By the time I first met him he was working with people from Europe where much more information was available. TomC

10 Likes

Hi jacub your geting a good start learning wood gas/&/ charco power production designs, As tom says good too see young people like your famely, learning whats nessisary too make wood a clean reliable sourse of power and even heating.Back too the car , i need too find out how too make an intake for my s10 4 cyl project as well, what i was thinking maybe find some older motors at junk yard with same size intake with the aluminum ones a little different shapes too convert too fit under hood. Good luck with the building learning. project

2 Likes

I have built a few and am still working on some. Jesse is pointman on the Larosa Gasifers and the Vehicles they are going on. He is still using my user.

4 Likes

Ok thanks jacub I will try too remember that, good luck with your building designs , sound like you have had a lot of experiance fab building allready.It will be interesting too see the project as its built. keep asking Questains when needed, we never stop learning till the day we die.

4 Likes

Do you now how to get to that site.

Jesse

3 Likes

Jesse; “Yahoo woodgasbuilders” but I looked it up before posting last and it is vanished into the nowhere land. Sorry. I lost my previous builds on there also. I think the best you are going to find is the sketch that Andy just posted for you. TomC

2 Likes

Thanks it is kind of hard to find info

Jesse

1 Like

Amen Brother.
If we ever stop asking questions and learning it either means we are not living or have nothing worth living for.

4 Likes

I started making a metal intake manifold for the car.
Jesse

DSCN9764

DSCN9763

DSCN9766

DSCN9768

14 Likes