Joni gas generator, version 8.0 (GJ - 8.0)

this video of work GJ -8

10 Likes

One like from me.
But be warned this is open source to all searchable here. Members or not.
Only behind the Premium wall has some protection.
S.U.

1 Like

Ha! But I’m not a premium class member, and I can’t go there! :joy:
Don’t forget, this is already an outdated model!
In Ukraine, it is freely available! :woozy_face:

6 Likes

Joni; Looking at the far side (inside), about a hand width down, there appears to be a shelf. I don’t see it in the next picture. TomC

2 Likes

Joni: What is this square opening ( a drain for condensate?) Looks like a inside circumferential weld. Is that a condensation gutter? TomC

2 Likes

14 Likes

Joni; Are these covers feeding the tyeres with air from the hopper?

In a video, when you closed the hopper lid, I heard a ‘‘clank’’. How does it seal. I’d like to see your lid in more detail. TomC

3 Likes

TomC,
in the lid there is a double collar with an embedded fireproof fiberglass cord.

5 Likes

Hi Tom, I build my inspection hatch on my truck Gasifier this way it never leaks, and it is by my cross over area. It get to 800 *f in this area.
Bob

2 Likes

I like you air inlet safety flap. Many do not as a point that can tar stick shut. Many now have evolved to lighting down from the top by a tool bored hole in the char stack.
So they forget to flick this flapper loose free.
On stationary systems I can audibly judge a systems gas loading by the “tic-tic” frequency.
So to me these are always friendly “all-is-well” tic-tic valves.

Yes I can see your char capture grid in the diagram.
Your dimensions are all accepted ranges.
Now. Read this next very carefully. Many, many even on the DOW still look for a barriers-breaking; new-design; all-problems-solver, system.
And fail to realize it is many, many small details working in balance.
And you, Sir: design and build elements balanced systems.
Regards
Steve unruh

2 Likes

Topic bump up.
Here is a completely different newly designed system from a completely different source and no interests? No additional questions?
Shame. Shame.

Joni in the cooler tube assembly on post #12 the cooler tubes have a standing up rib on their upper side.
Is this a welded on stiffening rib?
Or was this tube formed from flat sheet metal around a forming mandrel. With the flat sheet stock edges then pulled into then a standing edge? Those edges then welded?

Thank you
Steve unruh
S.U.

1 Like

Hi Steve, ever since Joni posted this diagram on his thread I have been studying it hard. Just trying to figure out how he welded it all up. It is a solid weld unit. Like Kristijan does.
It is causing a bald spot on my head from all the head scratching I have done.
The screen that keeps the char from leaving the gasifer, that has got me stumped. I know it has to be done with a stick welder. Maybe I am not seeing something that is very obvious. JONI has really got me thinking on this one.
Do you notice how he has the gas FLOWING through the gasifer in a Diagonal flow path two different directions.
The extension of the fire tube barrel below the grate, and then the gas goes up to the char screen. This causes the ash to drop out. The gases are vortexng at the edge before it gets to the screen. Also look at the offset that causes a pressure difference from one side to the other side. This is like having a cyclone spinning efficient. Look closely to his five nozzle preheat cover it does not go all the way around. There is a space, I think this is the area where the gases leave the gasifer. This build is very different from other builds that I have looked at, I have looked at a lot of designs in our library. My thought is by shortening the nozzles you will even create a longer diagonal drop distance for the gases to travel. I need to look at this a lot more and study it.
Bob

1 Like

Compare to this for the removable floor plate! Production details versus his admitted build from scrap, trial unit.
Note also that on both of these the whole guts are shifted to one side to allow for a larger collected up volume flowing space on the outlet side.
Devilish details Bob. Thoughtful flow gas, clever.
With Joni I now look for experienced based reasons for everything he has evolved to doing.
Search my own operational units experiences (and constant velocity carburetors SU’s and Solex’s experiences), and then . . . of course!
S.U.

1 Like

Steve,
This is a factory-made pipe, accidentally hitting me at a metal collection point. It is made of sheet and the stiffener is the joint.

7 Likes

Steve; If ypu go back to the beginning, you will see that I asked several questions. I got one answer on one of the simplest questions. From that and the comments about this being an early design and newer versions were redably available in the Ukraine, (post #27)made me think if we aren’t willing to openly share ‘‘ours’’, we can go dig the details out for ourselves. To that I say, if he contacts me, I would do what I can to ‘‘gift’’ him a copy of DOW and get him a ‘‘premium’’ membership. TomC

3 Likes

That is very open hearted and generous of you TomC.
He is commercial intended. He may not want to be on the Premium side. Just as MattR prefers not to be. Distanced then there can never be any conflict issues muds slung.

Your questions . . . Tom he is not even English as a second language. He is using machine translation. Or a school English learned human translator.

I think you should cut him some slack, man.
I was so unsure of my ability to translate post, that I never did on the Holtz Macht Gas.
Just read and watched Dutch John seamlessly go back and forth German and Dutch with questions, info, and jokes even.

Steve unruh

3 Likes

Old English is hard to understand, now the newer American English-language with all of the other nations adding words we use so very often, plus the slang words, plus native American, and quotes makes our language very hard to understand. We are a melting pot of the world languages. My hat is of to anyone that has picked the American language of to day.
I am still working on mastering it, and I was born in this country.
Bob

5 Likes

Rep; Steve/Robert;

I don’t understand these replies ----- I have stated many times on this sight, the respect I have for anyone who can speak more than one language. Frankly Steve, I have spent way too much time trying to decipher your dissertation because of your unique verbiage. TomC

1 Like

Here try this:
His post number #3 picture as the first to see . . . the first single wall upper jacket slit welded tapered narrowed and welded on just above the air jet line. Inside view.

Post #4 picture tipped over: the same viewed from the bottom up. Outside view.

Post #6 picture now with the added air jacket manifold. Having a slit welded gathered-in lower edge.

Now skip back up to post #5 picture: rotated; showing the square air inlet into the air manifold jacket. You can even see the backside of an air nozzle.

Post #7 picture showing the same. But actually to show the now added fixed legged hanging down grate.

Now up to post #2 picture showing the added flat gutter floor ring plate. WRONG. This is showing a removable unwelded hold-shape forming ring for the jacket welding. s.u.

Last. Post picture #7. “I think” is the inner condensate gutter wall being added. WRONG. The whole inner assembly is being welded into the outer gas can. s.u.

Your questions, were all answered in these pictures. Nothing was hidden.
Just what is your problem man?
Never, ever sent me a PM again. Grump along in your own narrow minded world view.
S.U.

1 Like

Ho ho ho!!! And a Merry Christmas to all. TomC

5 Likes