Life goes on - Summer 2015

I moved a post to an existing topic: Wayne’s Dakota R/T

Work keeps getting in my way from my truck.
This is a sewer camera I designed for bigger pipes and longer lines, up to 900’

4 Likes

Good job, but I hope I never need 900’ of sewer line!

Anybody remember these old IBM keyboards? Just bought one off Ebay.

Sure is fun to type on. Extra clicky!!

5 Likes

HI josehaulerph nice saw if it aint the 300 dollar one ,my dad had nothing but truble with the ignition systom not fireing the plug good,had it in and out of the shop 4 times,good luck with your model.I like the homelight saws,out of the cheap saws i had best luck with them.

1 Like

the picture isn’t showing up. :smile:
But I burned through a couple of those. :slight_smile: if you type a -lot- your fingers actually get tired. Mine all had the larger ps/2 connectors (maybe AT?) I don’t have those anymore but I still have the 3 button serial mouse somewhere. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I originally made this setup to run through a landfill, that’s why it’s so long. I haven’t used it for 10 years and revised it for a larger diameter pipe (typically storm sewer) and digital recording. Last time I used it, we were recording on VHS. Hahaha

2 Likes

Chris & Bill, Chris that keyboard is relatively new. I have wore out several … I bet I can find one on the shelf or hooked to my 8087 … Bill, do you have a picture of your camera and rollers and drive ??? Does it go over corregated pipe ? … When they TV’d the sewer line through my property approximately 900 feet they hit the lateral up here at the trailer … illegal hookup 40 years ago and had to pull their good camera back and send the roller skate down … It was fun to watch as they made their video … Then we had a thunderstorm and their truck got stuck in the bottom. Had to run a long cable down to winch the truck back up to the road … Check this humidity out … I have to a small survey next … Mike

2 Likes

It’s 25 years old, I guess that’s pretty new… :confused:

2 Likes

Heading down to New Mexico to visit my Dad and ran into this guy. I brought @racer3g Gary Langworthy his Argos tee shirt.

5 Likes

Thanks for the picture Bill ,

Good to see Gary and grandson again

2 Likes

Hey Mike,
This one is powered by the Jetter. This truck pumps 65 gallons per minute at 2000 psi and pushes the camera up the line. No wheels, none needed.

1 Like

here’s the minibike my son and i have been working on… not my son riding it.

3 Likes

Back in the winter I had a big oak ( about 28 inch at the butt and 60 foot tall ) to blow down across the creek . This week we tried to get it out by working the butt back and forth to ease it out enough to start cutting some short lengths out of it .

The big oak whipped all three of us. It is now in about five foot of water pulse mud.

It took my chains that was hook too tight and I had to go mud diving and work a while to retrieve them . :disappointed:

Real easy if the trees are on dry level ground :joy:

9 Likes

Nice tree there Wayne,Nice tree at the least,and never a dull moment.you got too swim with the rattlers and coral snakes, they dont bite when they are in the water due they.

Had a baby girl tonight at 8:40 pm.

Her name is Mackenzie Corinne Sorrell. She weighed 8 pounds and was 20 inches long. I am a very proud father :slight_smile: this is our second child, and we couldn’t be happier.

12 Likes

Congratulations! She is really cute.

1 Like

Congratulations Robert :innocent:

1 Like

Congrats Robert and famley,she looks more ready for the camera in the second picture,healthy one day old,lord bless.

1 Like

Those young years are the best times. They’re so dependent on you until that driver’s license :grinning:

2 Likes