Life goes on - Summer 2015

Congrats Robert and famley,she looks more ready for the camera in the second picture,healthy one day old,lord bless.

1 Like

Those young years are the best times. They’re so dependent on you until that driver’s license :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi Mr Wayne; That looks like fun :smile:

It has been HOT in Dixie and not getting a lot done and is rough on us old folks .

Putting miles on the ram . about 200 this weekend including 80 early this morning .

Me and the family made a quick trip to a local flea market this morning and found more 2 inch silicone connectors :joy:

4 Likes

Looks good Mr. Wayne. Can you get 3 out of 1? What are those off from?

Hello Mr. Don

Yes , I can make three connectors out of the longer tubes in the box . The connectors in the sacks are already cut in three inch links .

The couples are new and some still have tags on them. Each have a military number on them .

I have expremented with claming a piece of this material to the pipe between the heat exchager and cooling rails and left it a few months . It held up fine :grin:

2 Likes

nice find gota love those flea markets

Nice find MR keith i bet you saved that much running on biomass fuel.

WOW, that’s a great find. Makes me want to go look too.

Finally after 53 days, enough rain to rinse the top layer of dust off the cars. Afternoon high only 85! Of course, we’re back up into the 100’s by the weekend, but we are thankful for one day off.

1 Like

I know what you are saying Alex, cooled down here too yesterday and it was a nice treat, went to the Iowa State Fair and had to go back to the car to get my coat!
I’m wondering if you guys could help me find my old Wood Powered Ford Festiva. I’ve looked and looked and can’t come up with it, it has to be on You Tube cause it was posted on DOW a long time ago. I know it doesn’t amount to much but I was just wanting to see that old video of it again! Thanks

1 Like

This was on CBS Sunday Morning this morning. I thought the interviewee was Dr. Larry W. but it is an associate of our Argos visitor. At the 3 minute mark it starts.

3 Likes

I haven’t posted much in the last few days but have been busy, busy,busy but SWEM daily :joy:

Pictures below .

Firing up this morning, headed for the hay fields.

Also truck and gasifier parts scattered all about. When I get a few extra minutes I will work on the gasifier . :yum:

5 Likes

This might help for frequent bed hopping.
http://www.weathertech.com/bumpstep/

2 Likes

Thanks Doug. I like it. I broke my hip getting in and out of the bed. Since then I carry a two step “poly” thing to get up and down in the bed. It also has a nice storage space in it that I put my empty wood sacks in. When the tailgate is up I step on the bumper yet. I like that little wider step, than the width of my bumper at the license plate indentionTomC.

It finally heated up here in MI, as I said in Joes thread, my old goat no longer has AC,…some backwoods engineering might be in order if it persists much longer!

Say, that gennie would probably run on woodgas too 'eh?

2 Likes

I got to spend an afternoon with Ron Lemler at our national King Midget meet in Warsaw Indiana a few weeks back. It was nice to see him since I missed the meet this year

8 Likes

Thanks for the ride Mike, those little cars are a lot of fun!!!

1 Like

This is what has consumed my spare time lately, a new controller for an old walking floor 48’ trailer. I hope to start actual testing in a week or so.

6 Likes

that panel looks familiar…