Life goes on - Summer 2020

Jakob, you’re right :smile:

8 Likes

We have people like that here too. They should never have closed the mental hospital.

5 Likes

Toms right those people are insane .:rofl::rofl::rofl: It is nowhere near that cold here, right now it’s a sunny 75 degrees F.

4 Likes

It appears the temperatures were warm that day, I can’t see their breath. Don’t get me wrong, if the water isn’t 75F, I’m not going in.

6 Likes

No thanks, l preffer to wear my jewels on the outside :smile:

13 Likes

It’s not that bad actually. With a hot tub or a sauna close by, you only need to be put to shame for a minute or so :smile:

6 Likes

Done that several times. Only difference, I wore a ‘‘wet suit’’ and SCUBA gear. TomC

6 Likes

Mr Tom
Where did you dive? I have been looking into doing it. Would it be something worth doing?

3 Likes

We were diving in small lakes of Michigan. Those lakes are very murky amd hard to see very far. That is why we dove through the ice— the ice stopped the wind from stirring up the water. After college we moved to LosAngeles, so there we went to Catalina Island. Much more interesting diving in the ocean.

9 Likes

Morning in Bela krajina

13 Likes

Morning in Parkland area of Manitoba. Not certain this snow will stay, the ground has a little warmth left in it. Normal date for snow that stays is early November, but it’s been exceptionally cold, temps 10C below average.

8 Likes

These are really great. They have WV steep hills. I need one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG7f72BYa5U

5 Likes

That mower is absolutely insane. The operating angles are unbelievable.
We get a lot of brush fires in California. The only way to clear a steep hilside is; walk along swinging a string cutter.

3 Likes

These two bishops had such a great influence on our area here, that their names are everywhere. We have a deep connection to your beautiful Bela krajina.

4 Likes

Somewhere in my decaying brain I remember something about some kind of amoeba in the water in Baraga that once it got into your system it was hell getting it back out. You remember anything about that?

1 Like

I remember this from when I lived in Minnesota. I have a friend there who is an ethnic Finlander. On a nice day you want to something like that because most times you have to wear so many clothes. Sauna is good! It is healthy.
Rindert

1 Like

Back in the days, Finnish president Kekkonen used to invite Soviet president Brezjnev to his lake cabin and the trade negotiations always took place in the sauna. “They say” Kekkonen always got the better deal, only because he was extreemly well equipped and Brezjnev was not :smile:

5 Likes

as Adam Thierer noted, night is day

2 Likes

Here is the cheapest sauna you can build

Jonna Jinton will show you how to “enjoy” a cool dip.

4 Likes

Here is a video explanation for all of you motor-heads. Me being one myself.
A logical explanation of Mazda Motors Skyactive-X SPCCI spark controlled compression ignition engines systems.

Ha! I’ll admit Scotty Kilmer is an acquired taste like Earl Grey tea.
But his historical info presentations like his Toyota, Honda, Ford, Mazda series you do not have to watch his arms waving. Just listen.

Non-motorheads pay attention to the beginning 1/3rd of this video to see how realistic goals setting determines useful end results.
You can insist on grunt rolling large stones up steep ramps ( an eats all garbage fueled gasifier) for only so long before tiring out and being crushed by the weight of the roll back.

Also how just damn hard it is to refine out low returns low hanging fruits.
And how tantalizing high reaching idealizing will usually drop you flat, a failure.

Steve Unruh

3 Likes