Life goes on - Winter 2015

Hey Tom, there is forgiveness for being a GM man, all you have to do is repent and turn from your wicked ways and promise to never do it again!! Herb
Sorry couldn’t resist!!

2 Likes

Caddy is a gm product aint it?

2 Likes

Yeah but figured if I ruined it I wasn’t losing much!!!

Please don’t think I’m serious!! If it runs I like it!!

2 Likes

Seeing Andy’s avatar and reading that line gave me a belly laugh.

Guy can’t get away with nothing round here

Just needs a video of Andy spitting a big stream of tabacker juice

3 Likes

I’d be happy too oblige on the video cept I haint never learnt to spit proper like.

3 Likes

What the heck just happened??? I get told by the Pope that to go to Dodge I have to repent and never do it again. Then therea wan’un ta spat tabacker juice at me. I’m going out and sit in my Chev where I am loved.TomC

4 Likes

Note to self: dropping a 130 lb sheet of plate steel onto a concrete shop floor from chest height is REALLY loud!

Self: Rubbing ear WHAAAT?!?

Luckily, I missed my toes/tools/etc.

In other news, my new welding table is ready for use… I’ll probably trim down the top plate (the thing I dropped) which is currently 6 inches wider and 4 inches longer than it needs to be.

1 Like

You can do many things with an engine crane, when you lack a tree or a roof for lifting…

Don’t get too excited, this isn’t a woodgas build starting. I’m going after leaky fuel lines, on top of the gas tank… the irony is killing me.

5 Likes

That’s pretty impressive lifting engineering!

Brian
Glad you missed your toes.Have seen several large sheets of steel drop even from a distance it leaves you shaking.

Chris
On these newer trucks it’s way easier to pull the box than drop the tank. In a worst case you can call on 3 friends and a 12 pack

1 Like

If anyone else has to replace Dakota fuel lines, at least on a 92, you need the Dorman kit labeled for Fords. 3/8 connector, 5/16 line, side clip. Don’t bother getting either of the Chrysler ones.

2 Likes

Happy Thanks giveing dinner and weekend too Brother Wayne K and Chris S and family’s,and all the wood gas truck build,and gasifier helpers,THANKS

5 Likes

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!:poultry_leg:

1 Like

Happy thanksgiving all

Happy Thanksgiving to all , a good day to reflect on all our blessings .:relaxed:

I will be putting down a hundred miles today . It’s not Sunday but I believe I will use the Sunday truck .

7 Likes

I got my Ford 8N running finally Intermittent electric short. Drove me nuts. While checking engine, I found the valves were too tight-- to tight means burnt valves eventually. I bought a Ford tool and adjusted them. Wow! What a beautiful sound, well adjusted solid lifters. The engine sounds like a Swiss watch or sewing machine with its sweet tick ticking sound. Long time since I adjusted solid lifters. ( that kind of brings back pride in doing mechanic work)TomC

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

1 Like

Woodgas is a blessing I would not have recognized 4 years ago. Thanks to Wayne and all the enablers.

5 Likes

Well its time to go to bed and turn all the good food I ate today into fat. I am thankful for a community where I can go to that has a global knowledge base.

6 Likes

Our job today as woodgassers is to show the world what Black Friday really means…

17 Likes