Life goes on - Winter 2015

What the heck just happened??? I get told by the Pope that to go to Dodge I have to repent and never do it again. Then therea wan’un ta spat tabacker juice at me. I’m going out and sit in my Chev where I am loved.TomC

4 Likes

Note to self: dropping a 130 lb sheet of plate steel onto a concrete shop floor from chest height is REALLY loud!

Self: Rubbing ear WHAAAT?!?

Luckily, I missed my toes/tools/etc.

In other news, my new welding table is ready for use… I’ll probably trim down the top plate (the thing I dropped) which is currently 6 inches wider and 4 inches longer than it needs to be.

1 Like

You can do many things with an engine crane, when you lack a tree or a roof for lifting…

Don’t get too excited, this isn’t a woodgas build starting. I’m going after leaky fuel lines, on top of the gas tank… the irony is killing me.

5 Likes

That’s pretty impressive lifting engineering!

Brian
Glad you missed your toes.Have seen several large sheets of steel drop even from a distance it leaves you shaking.

Chris
On these newer trucks it’s way easier to pull the box than drop the tank. In a worst case you can call on 3 friends and a 12 pack

1 Like

If anyone else has to replace Dakota fuel lines, at least on a 92, you need the Dorman kit labeled for Fords. 3/8 connector, 5/16 line, side clip. Don’t bother getting either of the Chrysler ones.

2 Likes

Happy Thanks giveing dinner and weekend too Brother Wayne K and Chris S and family’s,and all the wood gas truck build,and gasifier helpers,THANKS

5 Likes

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!:poultry_leg:

1 Like

Happy thanksgiving all

Happy Thanksgiving to all , a good day to reflect on all our blessings .:relaxed:

I will be putting down a hundred miles today . It’s not Sunday but I believe I will use the Sunday truck .

7 Likes

I got my Ford 8N running finally Intermittent electric short. Drove me nuts. While checking engine, I found the valves were too tight-- to tight means burnt valves eventually. I bought a Ford tool and adjusted them. Wow! What a beautiful sound, well adjusted solid lifters. The engine sounds like a Swiss watch or sewing machine with its sweet tick ticking sound. Long time since I adjusted solid lifters. ( that kind of brings back pride in doing mechanic work)TomC

8 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

1 Like

Woodgas is a blessing I would not have recognized 4 years ago. Thanks to Wayne and all the enablers.

5 Likes

Well its time to go to bed and turn all the good food I ate today into fat. I am thankful for a community where I can go to that has a global knowledge base.

6 Likes

Our job today as woodgassers is to show the world what Black Friday really means…

17 Likes

Chris , I never knew your teeth being so white :grin:

3 Likes

Brian,
Hardly ever is a work top too small lol. I’d work with it a while before I trimmed it. You are definitely lucky missing the toes.
Pepe

1 Like

They say Black Friday is cheap. I agree. Didn’t buy nothing :smile:

5 Likes

I do have a question being Canadian and all… where the heck did the term black friday come from… and in a world of political correctness even… lol… it’s a puzzler

According to wikipedia,
The earliest evidence of the phrase Black Friday applied to the day after Thanksgiving suggests that the term originated in Philadelphia,
where it was used to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and
vehicle traffic that would occur on the day after Thanksgiving.[7][8]
However, a widespread belief is that the term represents the point in
the year when retailers begin to turn a profit for the year, thus going
from being “in the red” to being “in the black”.[7][9]

1 Like