Life goes on - Winter 2015

They say Black Friday is cheap. I agree. Didn’t buy nothing :smile:

5 Likes

I do have a question being Canadian and all… where the heck did the term black friday come from… and in a world of political correctness even… lol… it’s a puzzler

According to wikipedia,
The earliest evidence of the phrase Black Friday applied to the day after Thanksgiving suggests that the term originated in Philadelphia,
where it was used to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and
vehicle traffic that would occur on the day after Thanksgiving.[7][8]
However, a widespread belief is that the term represents the point in
the year when retailers begin to turn a profit for the year, thus going
from being “in the red” to being “in the black”.[7][9]

1 Like

I don’t know about over there, but over here it’s nothing but a crazy crowdy sale. To be avioded.

3 Likes

Too late…

You might be missing out… apparently a bunch of other people bought nothing, It was on sale for $5.

2 Likes

Also, it wouldn’t fit in the nook I’d made for my welding stuffs in my shop without being cut down.

In theory, eventually I’ll be able to rearrange and get better space usage/separation of wood/metal working areas, but that’s a ways off. I moved into the house with most of the previous owner’s stuff in the house/shop. He was an old retired woodworker/carpenter so there was just stuff EVERYWHERE. Most of the junk is gone/tidied up, but the layout of the big tools and stuff is still moderately horrible.

3 Likes

Hi Chris I never thought about it this way but sooo true. Chris you are an inspiration! :smiley:

1 Like

Six dollar drums are hard to beat !!

Dalton Ga.

https://nwga.craigslist.org/grd/5297969970.html

1 Like

The wife and I were out Sunday driving yesterday and I turned the video camera on for a couple min. Yes , I was ask to stop at Wally world also.

I don’t like to evaluate a vehicle until I put at least a thousand miles on it. I now have 1,400 miles on this one and running great. At this point I can’t think of anything I would have done different considering the available building materials .

In the below video we are cruising at about 1/4 throttle .

10 Likes

Life doesn’t always go on.

Rest In Peace, Esko Hamalainen, my favorite uncle and my dad’s closest brother. You’ve fought the good fight against cancer for more than long enough. I believe he was 74.

1 Like

Hello Brian ,

Very sorry to hear about your uncle :confounded:

4 Likes

Same hear sorry about the cancer death of you uncle, an all too familiar cause, I have close relatives with cancer struggles all so, no fun at all.

Sorry for your loss Brian

Ouch, wish there was something I could say that would help…

I am sorry for your lose Brian.

I don’t want to steal you moment, but I did see something interesting on PBS. They said something to the effect, " animals produce more green house gases that the power generating companies, over all". Hard to believe and how did they measure this. But any way, it went on to say that COWS produce 40% of the gases produced by animals because they regurgitate methane gas when they chew their cuds. It went on to talk about how some cows are range fed, but some are “feed lot” raised. The ones that area “feed lot” raised generate even more gases if you consider the equipment used to grow and harvest feed.
This hit home with me because all the “family” farms are being bought by commercial milk farms. They of course have all their cows, usually 3 times the number they milk ( 1 for milking, 1 dry cow, and 1 heifer ) in one location. Something to think about.TomC

2 Likes

I didn’t know at the time but I dove right past this fellow place a few times .

Maybe we could get some of our Michigan crew to talk him into driving down to Argos this spring. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Hey WayneK this fellow shows as a listed stream vehicle entry in that Jim Mason/APL sponsored "Escape from Berkeley by any means . . . " race you woodgas drove out and finished placed in.
Regards
Steve Unruh

1 Like

It says it runs on kerosene. That idea doesn’t blow my dress up. To run it on something eco friendly would probably require a truck.TomC

Thanks Steve .

I didn’t recognize the name because he didn’t show up . However he must have registered

In the below article he is the 4th picture down the page .

2 Likes