Life goes on - Winter 2015

We are under a winter storm warning until Wednesday with a blizzard warning for the next county west how the storm tracks will be the factor. Got $300k worth of equipment ready to go now if I can just get to work in the morning to use it

3 Likes

Any “Whovians” out there need to EX-TERM-IN-ATE some wood to keep warm out doors for “social” gatherings? (WHO am I kidding? Whovians aren’t social… :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Good news: I landed a sweet job, much better pay, benefits, paid time off, ect. I will be working on 747s in Oscoda MI.

Bad news: not going to make it to Argos. Going to have to put my gasifier and charcoal making on hold. The move is definitely going to be tough. Don’t think I can afford to move all at once, going to have to do it over a month or so.

4 Likes

Well Gosh, We’ll be practicallly neighbors. Only about 4 hours away.

3 Likes

O.K. you guys this is 36 hours warning that Sunday is VALENTINES DAY.
I tried to give my wife her B’day generator this morning 2 week early as my excuse that I’d monthly overspent already, and Valentines was going to be just a card and a kiss.
She refused, “you overspent on me” early B’day present . . . unless it was exactly what she wanted:
It was a new goat shed, with goats
It was a new north street side fence
It was a rooster catcher . . . ah . . I’ve sorta let the wintered over roosters get out of hand here. THAT I can do.

She did give me my Valentines day present early.
I thought that I’d share it out:

8 Likes

@SteveUnruh, I think you are a week off.

Opps. V-day? Or her B’day?
Never be late for either. Just like anniversary there is no forgiveness.
Enjoy the video anyhow.
S.U.

5 Likes

Been thinking of selling the Dakota and building another!!!

Steve,
Am I mistaken? It sounds like you narrating the video?

We could easily turn Argos into a show and swap meet, and sale. :slightly_smiling:

3 Likes

What kind of dog did you get?

RobertS we currently have a female Black Lab, female Weimeriener, female Australian Shepard.
Nothing against male dogs. just the current rescued grouping.
In the past we’ve had a male Rhodesian Ridgeback, an Ausi-shepard, Airdale/shepard mix, two male Chawawa’s.
Female Border Collies, Australian Cattle dogs.
Always three at a time in overlapping ages and capabilities.

Asked who I want for US President and I’ll say now that I’m still looking.
Say I’m looking for the one who has and understands dogs. Say that God made dogs to make be better humans.
Folks think I’m joking. I’m dead serious. If you have the understanding, patience and humility to get along with these Gods-gifts critters who try so very hard to understand us deaf, blind and dumb confused humans then you are the guy/gal I want with your finger on the big red decision buttons; and the black spend money signing pen.

I’ve held my dogs when they’ve been injured, sick and seizure-ing. Held two of the Ausi’s seizing until they died. One poisoned. Rushed three of them to the Vets for surgery from car hits. Accommodated them with debilitating cancers until they were so weak that they were asking for me to stop their misery. Carried them up on the hill with a pocketed pistol and shovel. Gave them a chance to smell the grass and wild things one more time and then sent them on.
The survivalist novelists always get the dogs wrong.
Be much more like an old, old 70’s movie titled, “A Boy and His Dog”. I will be using-up the be-bad-assed human/animals to keep my loved dogs fed and going forward. Believe you this.

True Rural the one thing you will never be forgiven is to shoot another families dog. A generational hate and war will erupt that will take two generations to settle.

Ha! Ha! No. Not me voicing this BillS. Thanks for the compliment.

S.U.

6 Likes

OK Steve that time I got misty eyed… my “Puppy” is a 70 lb Belgian Sheppard and something mix pound mutt. A little skittish around people but a softy around the kids. I judge people based on Tesla’s reaction to them. I rarely disagree with her.

3 Likes

Was at a July 4 parade couple decades ago. Setting by a old man his grandchild and dog wanna be governor walked up tried to shake kids hand kid wanted nothing to do with it.Tried to pet dog got a viscous growl for that effort. Asked old man to vote for him old man said you already got two no votes gonna have to make it three. I was laughing so hard wanna be just walked on down the street. Grangpa said when it comes to judging people trust the kid and especially the dog

6 Likes

So did the wannabe politician win and become an actuallybe politician?

1 Like

Hello brother Steve .

Thanks much for the video

I was a K-9 officer for about 12 year and may owe my old age to some wonderful dogs :blush:

In training often I would have to take my turn in the barrel ( bite suit ) and be the bad guy for other officer training their dogs . One begins to wonder if this training is above his pay scale . A good and lucky day is not bleeding too much. . I have taken hundreds of hits from Malinois and believe me , they are a breed that are very serious about their job.

Some training was in plane view of the prison population . The prison population understood that man best fried can be a convicts worst enemy.

The below link is not me but it does show some malinois training and at work .

https://www.facebook.com/bluematters/videos/438362979689815/?fref=nf

6 Likes

My mini dachshund always goes for the ankle :grinning:

2 Likes

HI, Brian!
That is just “jumping in the wrong barrel”!
A continuous row of holes is just destroying the draft downwards by continuous re-warming the gas which should be allowed to cool and form the necessary draft and cooling downward for condensing!
So, only “eye-lock” slits in the upper end, and just above the edge of the gutter.

Max

2 Likes

Hi Wayne,
I know about the prison … I met a pile of folks last visit BUT no vicious dogs … You have a good bunch of folks down there doing what they are supposed to do … We have 12’ PILES of ice here … Stay dry amigo !!! … Mikey

1 Like

Nope got beat by a woman