Lookee what followed me home today

Hi all,

A nice looking 93 Dakota followed me home on the flatbed today. It has the Magnum 318 in it, 2 WD, with only 152,000 miles on it. There is almost no rust on the body except for a small bit on the off-side wheel well (not through, just bubbled up paint). Doors and hinges are good. All electric windows and locks work. Even the A/C and heater/defroster works well. It has the Mark III interior (woody trim), bed-liner an rails. The leather seats are shot but the owner had a set of seat covers to thrown in. The windshield will have to be resealed but the glass is perfect. The frame and cross members are excellent. Engine is strong and smooth, but the tranny will maybe have to be looked at at some point. The cash-o-line gauge is acting weird. I’m sure there are other hidden issues, but I’m not worried about any repairs - they can wait until I’m DOW!!!

I was excited to get the pic to show you all, but it was raining pretty hard and the camera lens got some rain on it. The truck has good paint and looks a lot better than the attached pic.

Well, I guess I’m all in now.

Happy, happy, happy.

Al

7 Likes

Score !!

1 Like

Looking forward to following your progress on the build!

1 Like

Good looking truck Al. That ought to make a fine wood burner. Get ready for late nights in the shop. It’ll be worth every minute!

1 Like

Al, looks like a good find to me.

1 Like

Looking good Al.

My gas gauge in the Dakota acted up when I got it but straitened up with use.

Marvin

1 Like

Hey Al, you did it! No turning back now. Highly recommend a new fuel pump while the bed is off.

1 Like

Way to go Al!
I’m anxious to start my build but know if I don’t finish the mini first, it’ll never get done. I have learned what a water tight weld means and it’s importance in a gasifier.
This is an extremely fun and addictive hobby. Enjoy!

1 Like

You’re in for the ride of you’re life !
A very empowering one at that.
TerryL

1 Like

Wow , Didn’t take you long to get serious. Nice rig. Drive that thing down here first Saturday in Oct and show it off.

Richard

1 Like

Nice truck Al, looking forward to seeing your progress as it goes.

1 Like

Thanks guys, for the smiles. Can’t wait to get goin’ on it.

1 Like

Yes, Marvin and Carl. Good idea… I might just as well replace the fuel pump and sender when I have the box off.

1 Like

Richard, I will be there in Oct. done or not…

FYI Carl, Richard and anyone interested:
There is a “Go Green Festival” in Thayer, MO, June 21st and 22nd (Sat & Sun). I will be there with Doug Brethower with his truck (Wayne’s Ford) I built a “Simple Fire” last week and demo’ed it at Doug’s Biomass camp. Opened a lot of minds. Several of us built Doug’s TLUD’s (KeyStove’s etc.) to learn the basic principles of gasification and the use of biochar… Good stuff! I plan to show the Simple Fire running my generator for the crowd in Thayer.

For more information on that event go to:

Ya’ll come. We’ll be camping there. Let’s get together for some supper and I’ll make a campfire if I’m allowed to. :slight_smile:

Al

1 Like

I’d love to, but . . . I’ll never get mine done unless I work hard this summer, and we’re going to Indiana the next weekend. These “local” get together are going to be great in a very short time. Looking forward to October.

1 Like

Nice find Al, looking forward to seeing your build!

1 Like

Carl,

I understand the “time” thing. Never enough…

An old friend used to say, “sleep fast”.

If you come to a point that you could use an extra skilled hand. Call me and I’ll come down for a day or two and help you knock it out.

Al

1 Like

I have a lot of irons in the fire right now. I’ll get there.

Is it still snowing up North? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Al, You are lucky you live down south … Get going … Mike L

1 Like

Hey Al, lift that box off at four points instead of two like I did. But a cherry picker does the lifting just great from the side.

1 Like