MEN dual-reactor gasifier?

That article is still posted on the MEN site, and they’ve cleaned it up a bit:

They note that alcohol and woodgas go very well together, and the’ve even shared the camshaft specs / 12:1 compression that they used. They got 1.5 lbs per mile - with a 454 big block!

Paul H: I’m a bit to the north of Steve U. and we had a pretty good cold snap here. Most of the time around here it is upper 30’s F (4C) average with lows just below freezing but we had a few weeks of temps staying consistantly in the 12 to 27F (-11 to -3C) range.

Yeah. Cold for us. Third long spell this winter. This time with a very unusual dry snow. Warming now and misty rain now slumping it down on top of the frozen down hard ground. Do not want to complain with all of the true power outages and hard hurting freezes back East.

Good MENS 454 woodgassing engine link you put up ChrisKY. Useable even for us slow dial-up users. “New” MENS as MIkeL says is tough to navigate. Strange this tech-up shunting aside if thier intended reader base was actual Rural living.
Only the third time I have seen actual camshaft specs for woodgas put up. Dutch John with his Volvo camshaft change out. And VesaM in his book.
Hope the engine optimizes are paying attention to this.

Back by 81 and 82 I had MENS dropped out. Long story even more distracting then current weather talking. Mt Saint Helens shock just 50 miles away and then the a too young of death of an important lady to me. I hell-roaded out for a time. Only hard core helping others DYI electricity making and using could have been called a reasonable pursuit. Growing up with wood and wood heat back then I wanted to go “modern”, and “improved”, and “better”. Pray you too can bell-curve, gut it out past your own youthful exuberances to finally get it direct, useable, and right for you too in the end.

Regards; wet feet again
Steve Unruh

Chris, I have 60 odd MEN’s, but this is all I have for 1981. I see someone posted the rally results.
Pepe