Merits of gasifier styles

Regarding a conversation that has gone far from the title of the topic, then everything needs to be deleted … Maybe even the whole topic.

1 Like

“but the DOW site is just a store that sells WK☹️”

If you feel that way then you hadnt yet read trugh 1% of the topics here. The amount of different style gasifiers here is incredible. So is the amount of knolidge. But it is hosted by mr. Wayne and Chris and their product and we must respect that! Even thugh we dont intend to build a WK.

As for nothing new being invented here. Absolutely true! But this includes your gasifier too my friend. Its nothing new! I had one just like that in my Mercedes. Its well documented here.
Its not the point to invent something new, the point is to re make the old technology thats long forgoten work for our personal needs! Everyones needs are different. You and me we dont have big pickups with 8l engines. A WK is useless to us! We need to find other ways. I did. It works for me. You did. It works for you. The next person will look at our working designs and decide wich sistem works best for him. That is in my eyes the purpose of this site.

8 Likes

I wish I would have know about the WK store thing years ago. Would have saved me a lot of hours of cutting, grinding and welding.

I’m glad you are with us Joni. I can’t watch much video but I have learned from you, but you are not the alpha and omega of gasification. Don’t close your mind to the things others are working on. We are learning from one another.

4 Likes

I 've just skimmed over this thread, just wanted to say my Ranger unit(basically a WK) weighs in at about 200-225 lbs. I think it could be reduced more.

5 Likes

Hey Al .

I have been asked how much weight the gasifier adds to the truck .

I said it is kinda like my mother in law riding on a trip with us :smiley: :smiley: but lot quieter

10 Likes

30 kg system weight would be 67.5 pounds. Even 2X that for fully loaded up with wood fuel, charcoal, ash and condensate comes to ~135 pounds. Opps. Plus filtering material . . . +15 pounds more. All up on the rear of the car ~150 pounds.
Able to fuel a net on woodgas, minimum 50-60 horsepower system.

Joni has been progressively system losing weight from at least his system #4 on through this system 9.0

AS I have said different Goals. Drive to different approaches.

WE must all respect this.
Steve unruh

2 Likes

It can seem that way sometimes. I used to think that way too. But really it is not correct. We are not forcing you, Joni, or anyone, to change your thinking.
Rindert

3 Likes

Hi guys, I’ve split this off to it’s own topic. I agree that it is good discussion and worth preserving, not deleting… I have therefore un-deleted several good posts.

Joni, we appreciate you being here with a different style gasifier and sharing your designs with us. Please keep a friendly attitude about the gasifiers built by others, whether WK , Imbert, Simple-Fire, or any design. We are not comparing Bugattis to VWs here. We are comparing heavy work trucks with light sedans with motorcycles with generators… each requires different optimizations.

DOW is not in the “one-size-fits-all” business. We are confident that we have the best gasifier for American V8 trucks. We don’t advertise that the WK gasifier will work for anything but that.

All gasifiers are welcome here, and the people telling you Wayne’s system is good are NOT paid by us to do so… they are just satisfied customers.

10 Likes

“they are just satisfied customers.”

Can relate to that :smile: driveing in the trucks of you guys at Argos meeting was a good thing to experiance :wink: but the 2 trucks l remembered most were Al’s 2.2l(?) truck, incredible power for its size. And, Bobs rocket fueled sports truck :smile:

7 Likes

Kristijan even with my Rocket Fuel added I would never race Wayne in his truck. Ha ha I would lose for sure. He can also make the same fuel and really leave me in the back sucking up his exhaust gases.
That sure was fun letting anyone that want to drive my truck, drive it with the gas auto mixer working on it. That was my goal with the auto mixer and I accomplished it.
Bob

3 Likes

I know one of Al’s secrets he told me and everyone. His hopper lid design puts the tar back into the center of the hopper of wood and he just burns it up and makes more power. You have to keep your firetube HOT to do this and keep a continues flow of replacing charcoal bed. @trikebuilder57 Al you have a great one of a kind design that is for sure.
Bob

2 Likes

Wow, hard time keep up reading all the posts today :smile:

Agree agree :smile:

3 Likes

Hi Al Frick,
You one of my hero’s man.
After slugging away with the Dakotas 4.7L you then went onto the 94 Ford F-150. What I own.
Ranger gasifer truck though I cannot find you project topic? Help. Please.

Here a ree-ward for 'ya:

the Echo won. Then Ego brand. Previous winner was a DeWalt

Thanks
Steve Unruh who likes topic drifting/mixing it up

3 Likes

Meeting Koen, Kristijan and you JO at the last two Argos Events from the other side of the great ponds was a highlight for us all.
Hope some day it will happen again.
Bob

4 Likes

Thank you!
I’ll try talk @Jan Axelsson into it as well.
I wish there was a road across the pond, with a lot of scrap wood along :smile:

4 Likes

And no steep climbs now that would be a DOW paradise road.
Bob

3 Likes

Next time, wife sayd l am forbidden to go alone :smile: she wants to come too

6 Likes

Hey bring the hole family, we would love to meet your wife and children.
Bob

2 Likes

I hope to do that one day. When l become rich :smile:

3 Likes

Start a go fund me page. I’ve seen people trying to get money for less worthy endeavors.

2 Likes