Mother Earth News Fair | Topeka KS | Oct 24-25, 2015

Don you may as well go too, ild like to see your Tracker!

Alex Weaver from MENews (thanks Chris) emailed me, I’m locked in! Herb H

See you there !

Tell Alex I’m in . Glad Herb is going so I can look over the Caddy. And the truck that is the Daddy to mine . oops checked email Alec contacted me good to go.

Alright, going to be a good time! Now we need to get Gary to come up from Coffeeville, come on Gary!

I want to buy one of your Trikes, I think they are very cool, I need something new to drive around town to make the Cops nuts! Herb H

2 Likes

I’m voting for Don Mannes to take his trailer with the tracker and his lawn mower. Not knocking anyone else’s build, but his are standard but with unique details… Plus he has experience putting on demonstrations. Be nice to get a trip in before winter sets in. TomC

1 Like

Alec told me we would be inside displaying so I plan on taking my truck in cold to keep the CO down. Rats how we gona have smoke huddle inside ?

1 Like

They’ll have to let you “walk the dogs” at some point… not much of a demo sitting around inside.

Good time to check for leaks, you should be able to shut down and not smoke up the place… :wink:

1 Like

Got a update from Alec We will be outside. Smoke huddle is back on :blush:

2 Likes

That’s good news Tom, I wondered how they thought we could demo our wood powered vehicles inside!
Does anyone know what this amounts too or how long they want us there?
HerbH

1 Like

So it’s you and I Tom W? Is anyone else going to make it to Topeka for the Mother Earth News gethering?

1 Like

Thought I would update this tread since it is getting pretty close to show date! Tom W sounds like your planning on being there, me too! Last Email from Alex said wood burners would be inside and wondering if we need to get them out at night, I know I will need to cause Caddy will be my only transportation! Anyway I am planning on being there morning of show! Tom W or anyone else going my # is 515-778-6466 feel free to call anytime. Herb H

1 Like

Good morning Herb.

We wish you both the best of luck . Yall will be representing the woodgas community and we all are proud of you .

Sure wish I could go but can’t get away this time of the year .

2 Likes

Tom W said above that you’re back outside. I’m sure they’ll let you drive home at night.

Try to take lots of photos/videos guys! I’m sure there will be some excitement from the MEN crowd.

Last I heard from Alec we are back inside. I told him I needed to get out at night unless he rented a Lotus or Lamborghini for our use to get back to motel. He said hr would make sure we had a path to get out

So how will you fire up the trucks? No live demos?

Not unless we pull them outside. Now I have to come up with something to protect the floor from my oil leaks

This is the last email from Alex Weaver!Hello Gentlemen,

Just wanted to give you an update and ask you a question about the Fair coming up next weekend.

First of all, I wanted to let you all know that we have the car show inside a building at the Fair. This building will be locked at night and there will be security monitoring the facility during the closed hours.

My question to all of you is will you need to enter/leave at any point or are you comfortable leaving your woodgas vehicles at the Expocentre overnight?

Good luck to you guys going to the event.

Sure wish I could go. :cry:

Loading up hope to be on the road in a hour

8 Likes

Stopped by the Expo Center and got checked in. Alec was very helpful. He also introduced me to the electric vehicle guy and while talking to him he told me to be prepared for all the questions coming. A wsy cool electric truck was there
Sooo when y’all talk to the big guy tonight ask him to look in on us tomorrow
Thanks

2 Likes

Well I have to send my apologies, I won’t be able to make it Tom!

It was day plus365 after Stem Cell Transplant Thursday so I had to get all my shots that we all get when we are kids all over again, DPT, Polio, Prevnar, Influenza and the list goes on! All the shots I got when I was a kid got wiped out with Chemo!! I knew it was coming but didn’t know it would be this hard on me! I’m hurtin for certain! Sorry Tom, was lookin forward to meeting you! Herb H