My gasifier on m 412.first launch of the gasifier on chocks

to begin with, I blinded it in some places with hot glue, and the flood was sewn with a thread taken from the fabric.

6 Likes

Does AliExpress ship to Ukraine? You could probably buy inexpensive fiberglass fabric. For me to buy a fiberglass welding blanket it costs me 35usd and it comes 6 feet by 8 feet sheets. I’m not sure how much shipping would be but if you cannot buy through Alibaba or AliExpress let me know in message.

There are deliveries from aliexpress to Ukraine, but I have never bought there and have no experience, I would like to buy a normal high-quality fabric, if there are links to a store with aliexpress or aliaba, please write. .

I used to use Silica Cloth aka fiber glass cloth and have changed to stainless steel fine woven mesh. You can use a box stapler to mend the seams. Depending on where you place it this could be an option? You want this where it can accumulate dust as this dust is what becomes a natural filter media. The SS mesh is much more durable over the ceramic cloth as well. Just throwing that out there.

3 Likes

What’s the mesh rate that you use? I could look it up for him to link.

1 Like

The mesh I use now is 42X42 / 59% open area. Opening size is 0.018" and the wire diameter is 0.0055". You can cut this with a pair of kitchen scissors. Very easy to work with.

However what you ultimately use you may have to tune. As Im using this for the coarse filter on a charcoal gasifier. I dont know if tar would create an issue but then again tar clogged up the ceramic mash pretty good. So I would assume it would work and with some cleaning solution it should be serviceable.

Earlier versions I used a tighter mesh and Im still testing this more passive version yet. I may even go to a larger opening.

3 Likes

My experience is it did deteriorate and clog up and I was not able to clean it effectively. It can become brittle, crack and fall apart. It seems to me it was a bit too restrictive and that is when I changed to the SS mesh.

I have started to look at these, but have not bought anything yet, it takes some to a filter.
What size of mesh of these do you recommend Matt?

3 Likes

I would probably start with 120 or 200 mesh.

3 Likes

.018" is about 457 micron, that would be a 40 mesh depending on wire diameter.

4 Likes

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZML3yD8w1/?k=1

13 Likes

Vitaliy it’s good to see you and your car! I hope your family is doing well.

11 Likes

Yes , I echo what Cody said .

12 Likes

Hi, our friends are almost all right, they are still alive.

7 Likes
20 Likes

It is Good to see and hear from you. Praise The YEHOVAH GOD of ALL. That you are alright and freinds are alive. Great videos it looks and sounds like your car is running fine. We are still keeping you all in our prayers for safe keeping and for a end of this war. With peace on both sides. For the Glory going to The YEHOVAH in His SON’S WORD NAME YESUHA. For His Name sake may it be done.
Please continue to keep in touch with the DOW family.
Bob

9 Likes
19 Likes

Great video , Thanks very much !

11 Likes

Thanks for the video Vitaliy!
From what I understand gasoline is heavily rationed right now in your country. Are people still mostly smiling when you’re fueling up with wood, or are they becoming more serious about their interest in woodgas?

11 Likes

Vitaliy,
Thanks for sharing your videos. I’m enjoying them all.

9 Likes