My TSI Machines

Some times there’s work out side of the forest that needs done.

Only the tractor is on PG. Now only if I had the time to convert the brush hog. I think the clone would power a short sickle mower.

Installed an hour/rpm meter. Racked up an hour and a half. I would have guessed only a half hour.

Jeff

1 Like

Mowed again this Saturday then into to the woods for firewood for dad and a small sawlog for me… :construction_worker_man:

Replaced the cyclone with the sock filter and I seem to have restored my power.

Jeff

2 Likes

Nice build,Working good,useing some of that waist scrap wood.Was that a trailer mounted brush hog or did you make it that way.Thanks

1 Like

Hi Kevin,

That’s one of my few store bought things that I have and it’s not been modified. It is at the rock bottom of the price range but seems well built. The main down side is that the draw bar is not fancy adjustable like the expensive ones. It’s a big help for planting trees. Sure was hot to day…

Thanks for the reply,

Jeff

2 Likes

Nice tools them there gasifiers,be getting my first one working on motor soon as time permits before winter,long cold winters here in michigan.I would like too see bill use his WK wood gasifier he made for his lawn tracktor, maybe you will have inspired him too make a log dragger out of his.Nice narrow trail finder those smaller tracktors,more tools the better.

1 Like

Twitching out some firewood for Dad this weekend:

2 Likes

That tractor must have one beefy rear end on it to handle that weight.

1 Like

It’s up there with the Cub Cadet rear end. Pros and cons between the two. Cast iron, this one has the 1 1/8" axles. Three speed with a high low gear. Those are two dry dead pine logs so really not that heavy. Does useable work and a pleasure to own especially the older I get…

2 Likes

Felt good to get out side for a change. Dragged out some blow overs from the last wind storm. I can hear the next one moving in…

This is when the lights were going out.

Haven’t fired up in a few months and it didn’t want to start on the first pull. Had to richen the carb up a bit, wonder if it was the cold weather or maybe I should have fanned it more… Oh well…

7 Likes

Jeff; Is that a pine “plantation” ( an area planted with pines ) How do you not have a bunch of young saplings growing between the trees? We have plantains that were planted 50-60 years ago. Every 10 years or so they go in and cut out every other tree to allow the remaing ones to grow taller. In the meant time cones fall to the ground and it is full of your saplings.TomC

2 Likes

It looks like it was planted with a cabbage planter and then left to die off because nobody bothered to care for it. I would say that about 90% will die off or more. Almost no seedlings because of lack of light. Also poor site for pine. Trying to plant trees but not much of a green thumb do I have. Haven’t had much luck with black locus. Norway spruce has a good survival rate but only grows about an inch a year. Aspen is growing nice on it’s own. Some hope for black willow. I need bamboo right now…!

:blush:

3 Likes

I always liked this video:

8 Likes

I want one of those mule thingy’s that would be cool

1 Like

Anyone have any details on building tracks like these?

2 Likes

They kinda look like the old cleated snowmobile tracks Al. They would have to be spliced to get them that long. The cleats are just riveted to flat belting. you would need bigger than snowmobile tabs welded on the inside to keep them tracking on tires while turning. I have plenty here I would give away to anyone wanting to build a set. I had a guy give me a trailer full. I use them for mats driving over wet areas. I have enough for about 100 yards x2

2 Likes

Thanks Jim, wonder what shipping would be? Where do you live? Are they very heavy?

Baler belting might also work. Of course there is also chain and strap.

Then there is this design:

1 Like

Al Check out “tracked vehicles” on youtube. There are quite a few examples. Some of them take a tractor tire and cut the sidewalls out and us just the tread. I took care of the cross country ski groups tracked vehicles that they used to groom the ski trails. They were just belting material with cross bars bolted on. The cross bars did have two small right angle pieces welded to the bars — as the bar went over the tire one angle was on the outside of the tire and the other was on the inside of the tire. The triangles were mounted so that the point of the base and the hypotenuse sides were pointing into the tire. That allowed the track to pull off center a bit with out gouging into the tire. The tire could just kind of ride up on the slope and force the track back into alignment The bars were spaced to fit in the cogs of a rubber drive gear…TomC

3 Likes

This is an ELL track for skid steers. OTT is over tire track.

3 Likes

This is my favorite. Maybe a bit what TomC is refering to.

6 Likes