Overview of my gasifier system components

:smile: Chunker for sure!

[More on how I will evaluate wood gas engine combustion, in part. ][1]

New engine test stand and update on my gasifier.

1 Like

Is there a place to mount a radiator?

Good question. Technically no, but they supply adapters to run a garden hose to cool the engine. I’m going to weld on radiator extension to mine. At $217; it’s a steal.

Here’s a nice one.

Wait, did he say did he say $2250? Gentleman, fire up your welders!

1 Like

Well I’m making some progress. Had some issues with pipes drifting off 90 deg while welding, so I had to punt. Cooling tower ended up looking like the Space Needle. I always wanted to visit the Space needle anyway : ) There will be 4 more cooling pipes places around the circumference of the drums. This unit will drop in to 2-55 cooling drums filled with coolant.

3" stainless pipe came from McMaster-Carr (Thanks Vulcan Matt)

3 Likes

If you were to redo it and wanted straighter pipes, post-weld, (e.g. Your top/bottom tank holes were already cut) one could put spacers in between them and bind the outside.

Yes, good idea : ) I’m still learning how to weld.

1 Like

Im not sure but that looks like the wrong stuff. Shoot I hope I got you the correct link?

If it is the ari tight then send me a link. The stuff we use is a cloth reinforced silicone.

1 Like

Dang I see the issue, when I copy the link to the actual product and paste it, it just take you the main category page with all the selections.

1 Like

This one here is what we use for 2" and 3" tubing. http://www.mcmaster.com/#55125k79/=11bowu6

Dang sorry about that I know that stuff is expensive.

1 Like

Sadly, you are correct. I just used my automotive smoke machine and it leaks
: ( No worries Matt. I will find another use for it.

2 Likes

You have a lot of cool stuff.

What is that anyway?

1 Like

It blows smoke in to various components of cars and tests for leaks. Great for intake manifold or vacuum leaks. It is also used by politicians to “Blow Smoke Up Your Arse” for a vote.

5 Likes

its a must for evap leaks if you live in a inspection state. it does come in hand for checking leaky tanks or anything sealed .

3 Likes

I wish we had one, its on my list to get. Where would one find one of them on the cheap?

1 Like

I’ve seen a few youtube video’s where they have made them. Pretty simple really.

1 Like

I found mine used on ebay for 300 not cheap but that check engine light can be a pain .

2 Likes