Pasquali small tractor project

yesterday we took our new project to home…we could not resist to take this bearish engine, has a lot of gear reduction, should work fine also with some less power on chargas
should run in future on 100% chargas
…with help from the forum friends…
but first must be finished the fiat tractor…

14 Likes

El épico TRACTOCARRO Pascuali (youtube.com)
a video from a simil model from spain…

11 Likes

This indeed looks like the same engine l have on my tractor.

11 Likes

kristijan, indeed seems the same engine…
there is a mechanism(where the finger shows) , blocked from one of the previous owners…
what is it good for?
for block the gears on steep terrain in way they cannot jump out?
it goes to the gear lever
is on your tractor the same mechanism?

11 Likes

preparing old tractor tires for airless wheels…

wet and sharp knife. less friction with the rubber…

11 Likes

Giorgio, no, seems the engine is where the simularitys end.

Culd be, and probably its a good safety measure. I never had mine jump out of gear bit many times the PTO jumps out on high loads. Gears are worn out.

7 Likes

I have a Pasquali 988 that i restored. As you suggest that is a lock pin to hold the transmission in gear. I thought it was weird myself but that inline transmission is very easy to shift onto the edge of the gear and think you have it fully in gear. I thought when i bought the tractor it would be a cool transmission with reverse right between 1st and 2nd but what i found is it is easy to not actually get the gear selector in the correct spot. The pin does help there. It has a cable to runs between it and the fork that pulls the clutch out of gear. When you press the clutch the cable from the clutch pulls the fork and that pulls the other cable to releast the pin. It is tricky to adjust the cable took two people one working the clutch while the other could monitor and adjust the cable. I would guess the last owner couldn’t adjust the cable correctly and blocked the pin.
Those tractors are geared so low they will pull the world until the run out of traction you can’t stop them.

12 Likes

Pasquali has a cool design in that they used a very module design. The motor on mine has an adaptor plate between the transmission and the motor. I know there where two engine options for mine from the factory both diesel but i assume it would be easy to adapt to many standard engines the same general size.
Parts for them in North America are all but impossible to get now though. I was lucky to restore mine when i did.

11 Likes

hello dan, i don´t know if it can be helpful for you…here some split designs of a simil pasquali as yours…maybe useful when is to work something on the machine…
recently i dismantled the steering column, and i was a bit disappointed, the inner screw of the steering system is made from plastic and therefore exposed to more consume …
needs no grease in this way, but…so , also with other consumed screws from other things, i have always thought how to replace the inner screw…
maybee a solution would be winding a metal stripe around the outer screw…
than with another stripe filling the voids between the first stripe…
than welding the stripes together…
should be a solution…
my brain looks always for solutions when a problem raise up…spare parts no available more
maybee your pasquali has a hydraulic steering though

10 Likes

Mine does have the hydraulic steering. There is a thread here somewhere i posted when i did the full restoration. I am sure if you search for pasquali you can find it.
That plastic thread sounds like a nightmare problem to have to deal with but your idea sounds reasonable to me. The other option might be to retrofit a rack and pinion set from something else to replace the plastic with metal.

8 Likes