Plasma Cutters

The 7000 ltp i bought last year did the same thing yours, i got lucky and my one year warrentee was still good by 1/2 day or so.I dident have the money too send the 89.00 redeliver to sunnyvale CA. But i was covered since i call in the problem before it ran out.The machine that was sent back too me was a new design with seem too be no hot components on the board while testing.I hope the new design last for years, if not i may buy the everlast 40 amper since it has a 5 year wartentee for about 700 bucks and has a good duty cycle. PS i think one of the problems with plasma cutters is grounding out the tips while cutting cause more amp draw too the machine than it would just cutting, and it is very hard too not drag the tip while cutting hard too reach places . Good luck with your new machine.PS The one i sent back looked like it had a coulpe resisors blew out on top of the maint transistors or just above them so your old machine is proble fixable. And they may send some discounted parts for repairs if you can see any sussect components.the wite coulor resisors were or had black spots on the sides when i got it.and when it quit they were 4 times blacker and had particles near them.

2 Likes

I have never used a plasma cutter till last year I did not wont to spend a lot of money on something I did not know much about I bought a prime weld cut 500 110v it has been very good for me I hardly ever use my cutting torch the only thing it I have to order my tips from amazon I can not find any local

3 Likes

I was thinking of makeing one from 3 variacs 10 amps each 220 volt , got them on ebay for about 50 buck each. some caps resistors and pwm too control the amps.???O and some smarter electronic brains than mine.

3 Likes