Premium vs. Free Open Topics Side

Thanks a bunch Dave

Rainy , cold and wet here but you have the DOW covered with your sun shine :grinning:

1 Like

Donā€™t worry this is Melbourne Australia we have 4 seasons in one day so i am sure we will get your weather at some point today Wayne . :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I was urged to buy the book and get the secret sauce years ago. Mr. Keith has always been polite, helpful, and inspiring. I have always found that my gas producers could be made to work. I got busy with other things and just never bought the book, nor visited the site. For 20 years I have lived off grid in various forms. I have been able to do so because of the readily available information on the internet. I have been a member of the battery desulfator group. I joined biodiesel infopop. I was a member of the Yahoo woodgas group, also Yahoo stationary steam engine group, and an induction generator group. I joined otherpower/ fieldlines, and Microgen/somrad.
These were all free to join. Otherpower and Microgen are still aroundā€¦the rest are gone!!!
The years of information I aquired and shared on those sites is goneā€¦like a mouldy Lindsey publication about Dave Gingery. Gone! An exampleā€¦there was a guy who added baking soda to barrels of raw vegetable oil to preneutralize the fatty acidsā€¦but how he did it and in what proportion? We will never know now, unless somebody reexperiments and figures it out again.
Soooo, I say charge for the premium membership, pay the bills, make it worth your time so nobody feels like quitting. Keep the allure of the mystery. Itā€™s not about the damn gasproducers, there hasnā€™t really been any secrets since 1860. If the idea of a secret keeps this site viable then thatā€™s greatā€¦ because the real secret is in the ART of making gas. The knowledge the people have on this site is priceless. This knowledge is available instantly, because we are all drawn here together. There in lies the true value.
I say do whatever it takes to keep this group together.
Dualfuel
Bruce Jackson

7 Likes

I have stayed quiet on this topic because I will freely admit I havenā€™t gotten around to building a gasifer yet and might not ever if batteries become cost effective. My background is such that converting my equipment to electric seems much easier to me.
But I do agree 100% with your comment. I choose to join the site a while back because I was curious about how a modern engine with all the sensors could be made to run on an alternative fuel. After seeing what the group here is like I felt it was one of the very few things I would gladly donate money to support.
So all I will say is things being behind the small onetime paywall here doesnā€™t bother me at all and not because I have access but because I think the value far exceeds the one time payment.
I am glad to see there is a work around for the people who have issues joining based on country of origin.
Anyway that is all I really have for thoughts on the topic.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been thinking about the electric cars, trucks. To me the perfect scenario is charge your electric vehicle with wood gas fueled generator.

3 Likes

I dont disagree at all. I have a PTO generator because in the future I can power it with anything. If I get an electric tractor it might be inefficient but I can use the pto generator to move electricity from that battery bank to other sources or my pipe dream is to convert one tractor of mine to electric keep my pasquali as diesel and convert my D17 to be dual fuel and run on a gasifer it has enough excess capacity I could easily run that generator off wood even with massive power losses. But at the moment I am crazy busy and struggling to find time to just keep up with everything.
I am once again back to a just in time wood shed for 2020ā€¦ incase anyone is wondering that system doesnā€™t work well hard to find enough dry wood to fill it after you start the heating season.

4 Likes

I know what your saying, I started messing with wood gas late 70ā€™s early 80ā€™s but running a full time farm , having a full time job, kids, fire wood etc. time was limited. Looking back should have taken the time for wood gas, would have saved 10ā€™s of thousands of dollars over the passed 40 years.

7 Likes

Al my woodstove has heated my house for a little over 20 years.It payed for a pickup and car that were two years old when I bought them. Love my wood heat.Propane was just to expensive.

3 Likes

I think that you should think about limiting book sales not only in the EU but also on the entire territory of the former USSR, since the book will appear on the Internet literally the next day in Russian and given the cost of fuel and the average income of the population (WK) is set to all cars on the wood. And the creator of WK himself will not even know about this.

3 Likes

I joined the site right after the article in MEN and got the book as soon as it was available. Built a gasifier that mostly resembled a WK. Flared it and then let it sit and moved on to other interests. I am overwhelmed with other interests. Perhaps psychotically so. Now, after a very long hiatus I came back wanting to get into charcoal. I kick myself in the ass everyday for not staying with the program from the start. Everybody here is a builder and not just a talker. Everybody is patient with new comers and lots of stupid questions. Iā€™m very grateful to have found my way back.

6 Likes

What you say just confirms what many of us have suspected Joni.
The same thing happens with just as much speed in mainland China and India too.
Not quite as fast BensBookSystem showed up duplicated as offered right down to the intentional mistakes in real metal Made-In-India.

You will probably not receive any Hearts check marks for what you have said here. Do not let that bother you. Most will agree with what you have said. But . . .
Like you deep down: we want to see this wood-for-personal-power use ability to expand.
And human natures prove sometimes this is better done with allurer versus shouting.

As long as enough willing to pay do join and contribute Iā€™d say OK.
The big diffnernce former USSR, todayā€™s mainland China, India versus say Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, Indoneasia is intellectual properties respect.
Ask you use . . . maybe. But ALWAY in name cite back the original developer. And do this forever.
Why I tell you very important you select a name lock for your series of now 10 built developed gasifier systems.
Just please, please no letter acronyms past three letters. And no long alpha-numeric strings. That then even if very, very precise; becomes secret squirrel code need a code book to understand.
Your choice action word in any language: Victory. Freedom. Peacemaker.
Desired attributes words in any language: Victoria. Mercedes. LovingHeart. Crown.
Letters: YK. YK2020. KYVehicle1. 2. 3.
Makers/developers name: Kolyvan1. 2. 3.

THEN. Seeing a pireted copy we all will say to the promoter, seller, ā€œOh sure. That is just a Kolyvan2 copy. Too bad you did not offer a YK3 original improved version. Much, much better. Oh well. Good luck with your no-name copy-cat system.ā€

S.U.

6 Likes

Hello AdminChris,
I sent a Christmas card to you and your family.
Enclosed was money and a note for a membership upgrade.
Have you received this yet, please?
Thanks
Steve Unruh

2 Likes

Hi Steve,

Have not received yet but I am aware of the membership in question and have already activated it.

Mail service is very slow these days, especially tail-end of the rural route as we are. We got our weekly grocery store ad almost a week late - those things are usually dead-reliable.

5 Likes

Hmmm, millions of woodgasersā€¦ This might not be a bad idea. :wink:
Rindert

1 Like

I would just like to take a moment to thank Steve , Chris & Wayne for all there help ,and for getting the ā€œHave wood will travel bookā€ posted to me at record speed
Many many thanks i am loving the Videoā€™s and now i have a lot of pages to flip through as well .
All the best for the coming year ahead guys
Dave

8 Likes