Properties of a good wood gasifier

By the way @Tone how has the monorator lid worked out?

3 Likes

Maybe @Jan knows his email address. I seem to remember Jan used to write to him.

4 Likes

Cody, are you referring to the gasifier cover made from the expansion tank housing? This is a good choice, which ensures good drainage of water drops due to its shape

3 Likes

[email protected]
But I don’t think he answers, don’t know if he uses email anymore.
If you write to him here, he usually replies a helpful guy.

5 Likes

I will continue the above thinking, ,… I will probably stay with the first more demanding construction of the gasifier, because I don’t want to waste energy for preheating the air. Well, I could call this mesh a “hot filter” or “catalyst for soot”, where most of the fine coal would be caught and also gasified. Bob, I was thinking about a rotating floor or grate, I would probably also attach an upright mesh to it, which would allow for mechanical shaking and cleaning of the ash.

9 Likes

tone, i have read somewhere at the pages of daniel hagen- switzerland- that the “kaiser” gasifiers from switzerland have had a center nozzle in downdraft, what creates a lot of problems with nozzle overheating -melting…
ciao giorgio

3 Likes

Rainy days and long evenings, time for metal cutting.

15 Likes

Interesting Tone! As I understand it the rectangular tubes are part of the preheat, but how does air enter them in the first place?

6 Likes

There are some cross section sketches above in the dark, but below is the intake of air into the hollow space, which is then distributed evenly through the small holes and rises through these square tubes, … I’ll probably stick to the plan from this post Properties of a good wood gasifier - #403 by Tone

4 Likes

Some progress, welding stainless steel ribs to the pipe, but I have a thin 0.8 mm welding wire, also stainless steel, and only CO2 shielding gas, I am not proud of the welds, but it will hold and hidden from view. I also added baffles to the WK style nozzles for more even air flow between the cooling fins and air intake from the top of the heat pipe.

15 Likes

An air-cooled grill or heat exchanger for preheating the air with hot gas

A few more details about the welding machine, Mr. Wayne said to oil the welding wire, well here is my method, I wrap a cloth around the wire, which I soak in oil, it keeps greasing and cleaning the wire. I restore the worn nozzle with a piece of copper capillary tube, which I insert into the nozzle and drill a hole of the appropriate size, here is also a copper transition piece for welding in tight areas

17 Likes

I was looking at how close the tubes were and how you would weld it up. Nice tips on welding oiling the wire and modifing the welding gas tip.
Bob

10 Likes

slovenian people are active and ingenious…the genetic of nicola tesla is in the area around there…

16 Likes

Giorgio, Tesla went to America and took his smarts with him, but here we Slovenians, who work hard and buy foreign “smarts”, were and remain a nation of servants.
Thank you for the compliment, which we do not deserve. :grinning:

8 Likes

Wow Nc Gyver! Never the easy route, always the best result! No doubt it will be a succes. You have woodgas in your vaines. :grinning:

6 Likes

I checked. There are 2.2 million Slovenians so if only Tone and Kristijan were doing woodgas in the country then proportionally that would probably outweigh the percentage in our 330.5 million population. That is only the number of actual citizens and does not include the illegal immigrants or the 8 million Chinese students currently studying in the US. Also I want to give thumbs up to the head of Slovenia’s national health department who had the guts to rat out Pfizer. She is probably dead or disappeared now. We are all serfs,Tone. Feudalism was just reinvented and disguised and then fed back to us coated with a little more sugar. Apparently you are one of the people aware enough to see it.

7 Likes

Lots of words, little work, browsing and writing on the internet, but lazy in real life,… well, some progress though, center nozzle with heat shield from bearing ring, inlet port 6mm

view from the bottom, at the holes where the incoming air is distributed

13 Likes

I assembled the heart of the gasifier, I still need to perform a pressure test with compressed air (2 bar). The weight of this unit is 16.5 kg.

18 Likes

Looking great Tone, i really admire you work! :smiley: :+1:

10 Likes

I like your vehicle hoist! I think that maybe Jakob is the only other woodgasser that has one? Wish I did, then I wouldn’t have to worry about getting up off the floor. :sweat_smile:

14 Likes