Pulse width modulation PWM of fuel pump updates?

hi Al

this has 2 grounds so would be difficult to use as you would need a separate ground for the fuel pump as stated above.

You need to find one with a common ground for both input and output side. (should only have 3 terminals)

this one that Carl listed above works without modification but works Awesome when modified with Carls schematics (note three terminals)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170902843919?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I believe the Reese towpower 74642 will be a good one too. Joseph Hauler is using it without modification, and I added a stepper switch for Marvin W’s, and am making another now for me to test more.

1 Like

when you limit the supply current of a fuel pump to operate in hybrid mode, the pressure of the injection line decreases. This pressure drop causes she a dripping gasoline?
(Bad spraying gasoline)
Thierry

1 Like

Yes Thierry, on a 92-95 Dakota the pressure drops from about 45psi to 5 psi. Dripping it may be, but that seems to not matter. on this engine. I consider Hybrid essential.

2 Likes

My update on the Reese 74642. This one I made for me did not work well at all. The one I made for Marvin seemed to do fine. I’ve converted/looked at 3 so far, all the same model # but the circuit board is different on each one.If you use it without electronic modification it is probably O.K. I switched back to the made in China model I’ve used for the past 3 years. I’ll try a different approach later.

2 Likes

someone he tried to deceive the flowmeter? to control the fuel injection
Perhaps the computer would continue to manage the entire control of fuel?

1 Like

I 've probably not been clear?
the calculator, an injection system, controls the duration of the injection depending on the flow of air into the intake.
if I divert, a more or less important part of the air passing through the flowmeter. The fuel injection should vary in proportion?
A bypass valve may, perhaps, control the flow in the flowmeter?
I hope to have been more clear!
Do not hesitate to tell me against, I am new mechanics.(And none in english…sorry)

Thierry

2 Likes

That’s an interesting idea! I remember somebody mentioning they put a rheostat in the air flow sensor circuit. I think your idea of physically bypassing part of the air flow may work the same. It may depend on your particular vehicle. There are probably multiple sensors which work together to regulate fuel flow

2 Likes

my set up is like you described and it didn’t work on mine too many other sensors say something isn’t right and ignores the air flow meter.

2 Likes

what year is your car?

97 gmc pick up …

probably too complicated for me. I just wanted to know if this option was envisagable?

Hi Carl

I can not understand for what reason , a brake control works better than a simple PWM to control the gas pump?
Could you explain it again?

Thierry

1 Like

In theory, Thierry (sorry, pun intended), they would work the same. the dilemma is in the electronic circuit design. A brake controller is designed for a common - ground system, car or truck, where it will pulse the + side on/off. An off the shelf PWM can be common - system (pulse the + on/off), or common + system (pulse the - on/off). I use a Chinese PWM with common - ground. On Ebay, they are only a few, and the ones I’ve found all require modification. A brake controller will pretty much work right out of the box.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170902843919?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

3 Likes

Thank you, Karl

I would sleep that night a little wiser thanks to you!:joy:
Thierry

2 Likes

Thierry,
The best answer I can give you is to try it. It might work.

Mr. Wayne is great at improvising quick test for things like this without spending a lot of time or money. If it doesn’t do well he hasn’t lost much and gained some knowledge. If it does he moves on to a more permanent setup.

Like Andy said, multiple sensors are used to determine the correct mixture and most that I’ve dealt with the o2 sensor seems to override all others.

4 Likes

Hi Marvin

your comment is greatly appreciated, thank you

I wanted to validate my idea made sense before putting energy into tested in the workshop!

Thierry

2 Likes