The BIG decision "Y" in the woodgas road

Thanks fellows. Yes what I did mean. I lay awake last night wondering just how further I could explain . . . or dig myself in deeper.

BryanS, I too like that so much that I chased down it’s origin.
A mid19th centenary fellow in the Czech/Slovak/Bulgaria area . . . . I have the full context here . . . somewhere . . .

Konstantin Josef Jirecek
“We the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful. We have done this so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.”
He was a mid-level civil servant in a still Royal-elite time that was being slowly dragged into the classes leveled 20th century. Results: 1914 to 1918 war. With old-class leveling revolutions. And it still took a follow up war, or two, three, to put Colonial-elitism finally to bed.
“I am so smart that you need to support ME, to do all of the heavy-lifting thinking, planning, governing.” then the new evolving elitism. Fully evolved now.

In ~2013 I had been reading studying wood-for-power heavily for six years. I went back through my notebooks and reading and totaled up the declared valuations spent from ~1992 to 2013 on Big Top-Down sponsored ALL-Biomass projects.
1/2 billion dollars US. Yes. At least $500,000,000. USD.
Where were where working systems?? Idled. Scrapped out. Sold-off. Boned-out.
$63 million on the Connecticut “bio-mass” electrical power generating station. $13 million on an Alaska coastal CHP project. $7-8 million on a Hawaii project - (showed up as Lab and advanced filtration equipment on an Industrial sell-off site).
Many, many more. The World bank Tech Paper 296 has a very thorough analysis of why their sponsored 1990’s, all failed. In fact they state awareness of only TWO at the time of that reports publication wood-for-electricity operations were still functioning. One at a Micronesian island Christian religious High School where the director was determined to cut their diesel fuel dependency. Overcome all problems.
The other was two, Mennonite communities in Uruguay who wood-milled for their incomes. They would not allow on-site inspections by the banker-engineers.

In this same time periods it has been the getter-done individuals been making up and using the four major woodgas types systems. Hundreds now.
Betcha’ all total been only a few hundred thousand spent to put all of these private-initiative wood-to-shaft-power systems into existence.
Ha! I’m out ~$20,000 cumulative myself 2007 to now for all woodgas activity expenses.
Others a bit more. WayneK, Jim Mason, Ben Peterson, VesaM, JohanL, MaxG . . . fill-in-your-own-names.
When you have given all that you got . . . had to wait/earn to be able to do more . . . that is really caring for the future.
Regards
tree-farmer Steve Unruh

6 Likes

Where is the One Hundred likes button for you Steve. You are right on the mark. Some day the pendulum will swing into the other direction against all the big Banks, Big Goverment, Big
Oil Corps, all the Bigs that say we can take care of you, just trust us. And the Good people of the earth will rise up and focus on the peoples real needs… Not being in slaved by all the BIGS, they Will lose in the end.
Thanks again for ALL your input. I always look foreward to reading your threads.
Bob

2 Likes

SteveU,

I worked at a large sawmill for a while as a millwright after I closed mine down in the mid-1990’s. We had a small tool room where we kept valuable parts, tools and supply’s that might otherwise walk away if they were not locked up overnight. I would shut the door to padlock it shut every night. On the front of the door when closed was written in chalk that saying “We the willing…”. It was said the original millwright that worked there wrote it on the front of the door, so when the door was in the open position and against the wall, the owners couldn’t see it. When the door was closed at night, it was there for all to read, his personal creed. I was so taken by the words, I committed them to memory. Looks as though the old boy didn’t have the words perfect, but it left a lasting impression on me that I have carried with me to this day. I never knew he was not the original author until much later in life…

No truer words ever spoken by a REAL mechanic and also apples to many different situations a person finds themselves in through the walks of life. Everyone would like to be remembered and make their life count for something. This millwright set the record straight and posted this for all that ears to hear…

Although I’m not a pioneer in woodgas, very seldom in life do you ever get an opportunity to rub elbows with real pioneer’s in anything. To know, talk, read their works, see, experience, climb on, under, personal demonstrations, break bread together or get any useful feedback, any one of these things by themselves would be a very rare occurrence. We have so many pioneers here, always pressing on and making something extraordinary out of seemingly useless junk to all others. Your works and great accomplishments will be forever out there and remembered, quite a testament to the dedication of the cause…Woodgas.

A sincere thanks to you and all who share here with the willing…

Bryan

9 Likes