The gasifier of the future

Marat, I will dump it here. It is in the back of my mind for a month now. Didnt do fact checking but some of you guys might know if this is correct. In my opinion just wood is the solution and KISS. H2 will not bring what everyone is expecting in some unclear future. Wood is real, now.

4 Likes

This comment about 2 wheel drive took me back to my youth where my dad drove a two wheel drive small car into a remote canyon ā€œonly accessible by 4 wheel drive.ā€ The jaw dropping expressions on the old miners faces when we showed up was priceless. Yes it took us 3X the time (like hopping on one leg?).

4 Likes

Sorry about this off-topic reply to Tomā€™s old post.

3 Likes

Joep, I think you are basically correct. I think that hydrogen could become our energy system, if we didnā€™t have anything else. But in fact we do have other things, and they are much easier, cheaperā€¦ A CNG based system would be cheaper and easier though still fossil.
I think something that would use waste as a feedstock is probably the way we will do it. In New York City, Oberon Fuels has started converting garbage to DME. This is only an example. Iā€™m sure there other ways.
And I think we will continue to use piston engines for a long time yet, we can just change their fuel. Example 20% water in diesel.
Rindert

2 Likes