Hope you Don’t get tired of all the pictures, but I would really like some input on this. For the document records.
Pulling the side cover off tells me how the char is feeding in and why the out side of the hopper was getting warm in that spot, more ceramic insulation in that spot needed. Also that is where the char needs to be anger in at.
Close up shot, I’m sure there was glowing charcoal there when I shut it down.
I gave the hopper some simulated shaking vehicle action and the char moved into the low spot.
This is the heavy steel above the hot lobe area, it also serve to keep the charcoal from getting into the nozzle area. 60* slope, On the next run I will shake the hopper to test it more, if I remember to do it. This also where the water vessel will be welded to. More on that later.
This is where the gas comes out at the bottom, noticed ashes on the char and more ashes settled on the bottom. This area is my drop box area like on a WK unit. Access door on hinges for easy open clean out.
Removed the char to see how far the hot char lobe got towards the access door only about have way. Lots of room for over pulling on this burn chamber. More testing need here.
and screws melted down. This charcaol came from nightly fires around the fire pit. What wonderful way to make fuel. It cooked the hotdogs and hamburgers and roasted marshmallows what fun. It was clean wood by the way.
More slag showing up closer to the nozzles no charcoal in the nozzle hole, looking good.
I thought I got most of the nails and screws out with my magnet, wrong.
The under side of my heavy duty plate starting to meltdown. I left it long then was planned to see what would happen. I can also adjust it higher up away from the hot lobe. Next run it will be higher. The NOZZLES look like new. The ceramic insulation has not even begun to from a crust on It’s self yet. This is really good news.
Okay there is 12 gals. of charcoal removed from the gasifier, counting what I vacuum out. Plus the ashes. Next run will count accurately how many gals. Into the gasifier burn chamber and hopper.
More nails and screws found at the bottom.
Just ash on the bottom curved plate. Ash stuck to the ceramic insulation around the nozzles hole.
& 15 Top and Bottom of the heavy duty plate.
Looking forward to more modification and test runs. Thanks for all the input and advice and suggestions so far on this project. I have learned a lot from everyone.