So the machine is back together and running on gasoline. I tared this thing up pretty good, I had to go in and free up the valves. It was suggested to me at Argos to heat the valve. Ive tried this long ago and stopped as I was getting too much heat wrecking the valve seals and distorting the spring. I thought I would revisit this but use very mild heat and I thought it worked. Did not see any ill effects from it.
(Never ever apply heat to your valves even a small amount of over heating will distort your valve springs; I found this out later in tear down. )
So I had the valves functioning again and moved on to attempting running on gasoline. It would not fire other than backfiring. Started to think bent valve, so got the compression tester out and nothing!! No compression!!
So ordered new valves and a re seal kit. Tore into this thing and popped the heads off and valves look fine!!?? Pulled all the valves revealing the distorted valve spring and cleaned everything up. I re shaped the spring same way it was distorted replaced the intake valves and put it all back together. Then I noticed something. the rocker arms were not fully relieving keeping both valves open during a combustion stroke. Yeah that would cause no compression. All four lifters were doing this. Drained oil cleaned out the lifter bores and filled her up with Kerosene. Hand cranked here for a bit and drained and then fresh oil in. Problem is gone.
So the plan is to run on gasoline a bit longer and try to clean it out a some more. While its performing this run Ill fabricate the tar sensor and get it installed So hopefully Ill be back up and running on woodgas by end of day and Ill try to get a video of the sensor readings running in action.