TIG welding with the wrong gases/polarity

Hi brian i wounder if your welder has a choke as mine does, i think if i had no warrentee on my mig i would wait on this experiment’ exspesualy if you have a inverter mig, untill you get an extra welder too weld with.were all leaning carfully as we can.And thaks for posting the idea questains.i learned how the choke was desiged and why.

1 Like

Hi, Kevin!
27. of October 2016
to mess.20

Before using the device in the picture at all, guarantee or not:

Vacuum clean the little motor at the right edge of the picture!

1 Like

Yep. No other welders; no warrantee; no money to buy a replacement if it dies; not nearly enough knowledge to try messing with this stuff.

Hi brian and max,the fan on my welder runs a bit hot, and needs a faster one too keep the tranformer mig cool enough. And the reason i through that out about waiting on the experoment is that tig uses quite a few amps that may cause a smaller mig too over heat.my big so called snap on 212 amper barely welds continous at maybe 120 amps. I would not gamble with a inverter welder at all unless i had pockets full od cash and I dont myself.you should pull the cover on your mig ever so ofton too lightly blow the dust out of it.the dust builds up as it must pull air through the machine too cool the transformers or if inverter mig to cool the stack of power transistors. Have fun welding hope your welder is big enough,if not you can build with less welding needed in the design.

2 Likes