Turbo Charging or Super Charging Woodgas Engines

Seriously?
This is a consideration

1 Like

Well, it’s the main meal on the North Korean platter, but putting aside the current saber rattling, last week we missed a CME by about 6 days that would have quite likely wiped out the grid. Nothing conspiracy theory about a Carrington event.

1 Like

As far as smaller electronics are concerned, unless an appliance is plugged in during a CME it shouldn’t be fried. The main danger from a CME is large infrastructure, transformers overloading and popping.

You can also just store a vehicle in a metal garage building and that will essentially act like a faraday cage, the metal body of the vehicle also will block it somewhat.

3 Likes

Or you can build one of these. The ultimate faraday cage on wheels.

5 Likes

How many pounds of boost do you think it would take to compensate for the power loss between wood gas and petrol on say a standard 8.5 to 1 CR engine.

2 Likes

Romania
Money well spent because the burger shakes are bomb proof

Tom:
The figure out the boost you need you have check your gas consumption at full power
Then calculate you power output ( or Dyno ) the do the math on flow rate be and plug that into a formula to get a boost number

But if you had to guess how much boost doubles your hp on gasoline and go with that

2 Likes

Hello William

Me Two :blush:

8 Likes

I’d dig a big wide trench and bury that thing for a bunker or at least a root cellar. I’m not crazy. Maybe a little eccentric.

7 Likes

Some of those old coaches make a real nice inexpensive home on wheels
the engine and trany are not that hard to work on.

But they are getting rare.

I hate to see them get buried or left to rot.

2 Likes

Wow, Mine’s a TDM 4801, what’s yours? … I actually have 2, both are 1954. One is an intercity bus, (like yours) and the other is a Parlor Diesel.

5 Likes

MAX transit from Birmingham, ran route 6. Can’t find any images of it in service. Whats the serial number?

3 Likes

I will try and find some numbers tomorrow.

3 Likes

Should be a plaque right inside the front door on the lower dash panel. ill probably start with GM TDH …

1 Like

Hello William .

My bus is

Type TDH4512

Coach #45122926

2 Likes

Serial# 2926 (2838-2937)
Birmingham Transit Co (AL)
701-800 (789)
Delivered into service 09-11/58

It’s a 1958,

Transit (Not a PD or Parlor Diesel) (More Head Room!)
6-71 Diesel Engine (Inline 6 cylinders - 71 c.i. per cylinder, 2 stroke diesel)
Hydraulic Transmission (Automatic!)
45 passenger
Model 12
Length = 35 foot / Width = 96 inch

Manufactured from 1953 to 1959**

With this info, you can go to the Birmingham AL bus company and get all the routes and the entire history of your bus. I have all mine including photos, even found some original hand bills that showed the route maps.

COOL BUS!

3 Likes