Vulcan Gasifier

Hey Matt, I would think that the blades would have to be adjustable, to keep them with in specs. after sharpening. Al

1 Like

Hi Al
In Europe this machine is normally sold with a set of shims to shim the blade after sharpening to get as close as possible to a zero clearance between the blades.

Hi Mat
A square rotor chops shorter chunks than a triangular setup

Regards
Werner

1 Like

There is a lot of force when those two blades are pushing that log through!

1 Like

Hello to Everyone
I bought these plans from Zygmunt in Poland. My unit is almost complete.
http://olx.pl/oferta/rebak-rembak-walcowy-CID757-ID8Bw0x.html
Regards
Werner

2 Likes

I think that is importatant for gasifier chunks.

When scaling up, chunk length will also increase rapidly. I think it´s best to stay with no more than 5" dia gears. That will make it handle 2"- 2,5" dia wood.

I went redneck route and bolted cutting blades to square pipe rotors. I´ve chunked a couple of cords so far and no issues except for my, not to recomend, chain drive.

2 Likes

I was think going that route as well.

2 Likes

New project coming on the market. We are calling it the BioWind Systems.

1 Like

Looks nice!

Where does bio-wind come from anyways? :slight_smile:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

4 Likes

LOL Chris, I knew this was going to happen. hahahaha!

1 Like

I’ve been wondering who makes a good inverter, I see your using an Aim’s. They must be one of the better choices.

Nice system ya got there…!

1 Like

AIM’s is middle of the road, they make high and low end inverters. Their high end products seem to be pretty good, we have had good luck so far. However there are better inverters available, you get what you pay for sometimes. We are going to try this inverter as it has some very good features and is one of their more prideful products. Im excited about this system I can not wait to build the first one. Missouri Wind and Solar have been a great help in putting this all together.

2 Likes

Started work on the Plasmafire today. Ill be working on the gantry tomorrow :fire:

2 Likes

What’s a Plasmafire? CNC plasma table? Plasma gasifier? O.o

Its a CNC Table. Trying to get ready for January launch

1 Like

The Y axis gantry is complete. The track rollers added some bling too!! Worked out very well and it is very rigid, its going to be a tough machine!!

7 Likes

Just throwing this out there if any of you are local or near the Muskegon Mi area. WIe are in need of a mechanical assembler I

https://muskegon.craigslist.org/mnu/5403262789.html

2 Likes

I’ll be right over…wish it was that easy

2 Likes

i have basic experience… just need to learn some better english of course…

2 Likes

A shameless bump back up to the top for attention.

The chance to on-hands work around gasifiers IS RARE and worth it.
Wear dark thick washable cotton. Or winter cold - wool outer.
Ha! You will grinder/welder burn lots of holes in poly-fleece! ( A mechanical assembler able to step-in as needs-must on light fabbing will be more useful appreciated than just a wrench-man)

Anybody still just talking within driving range should be jumping at this opertunity.
I DID with BenP 2009-12.

We are all on the road to better - just as long as we are hands-on DOing things. MattR, IS.
Steve Unruh

4 Likes

Thanks for lookin out for us Steve!!!

We did fill this position much faster than I thought we would, I am completely amazed at the response we got from our Craigslist add. I was overwhelmed with email responses and between that and the first round of interviews I hardly had time to cancel the listing.

Hey Koen, I had google translate when I was in Italy it works great. Pretty cool how you can convert pictures too. :fire:

1 Like