Wayne's V-10 Ram

Good morning wayne,sorry i forgot too add that on my questian,Thanks were just getting buds on the tree’s this week,been some short summers lately,have a safe trip too argoe’s,and enjoy the traveling time,swem

Below is a picture of working wood burner farm truck , early Sunday morning firing up.

Yes I know it is Sunday but no time for rest . Too much hay on the ground and God has given me a window of opportunity with the weather …

BBB

5 Likes

You got plenty of view on the red ram, Happy hay’en, looks like hit miss rain all week up towards the north pole.MICHIGAN, You better get it while it is dry, or cut less at a time and get it rapp’ed with all the blessed rain.They are starting too blame the crazy weather on the fukashema blob of warm water 1000 miles wide by 300 feet deep, 5% f warmer than the rest of the ocean.SWEM THAT HAY.

Hello all.

Hopefully in the next day or two I can catch up on the the DOW. We have been going wide open to take advantage of a weather opportunity to harvest hay .

It seems the hay drys best with temps up near 100F but it sure beats us old folks down .

We have been working the soup out of the V-10

BBB

4 Likes

Well, good! Engines really don’t like to eat soup nearly as much as us humans. Get that stuff out of your engine. I know one can cook food on an engine block, but that doesn’t mean it’s actually a good idea.

Ok, I think I’ve hit my “sass quota” for this post. :slight_smile:

That v10 really does the job with wood fuel for local farm work, WAYNE KEITH GETTING IT ROLLING.What ? kind of soup you got cooking.BBB

Good morning Kevin .

Yes the V-10 is a work horse.

Yesterday I pulled a cattle trailer a 35-40 miles , took the wife to Walmart 10-12 miles.

Also I ran a hopper of wood ( 2 hours ) through the ole tractor.

BBB

I once heard a story about a preacher that noticed a farmer was missing on Sunday morning. After the morning service the preacher went out driving looking for the farmer. He found him in a field, hard at work, baling hay. After getting the farmers attention he walked up and said, “Missed you in church this morning.”
The farmer looked at the preacher, wiped the sweat off his face, smiled and said, “Well pastor, I figure it like this. I would rather be out here in the field baling my hay thinking about God, then be sitting in Church thinking about my hay.”

12 Likes

Working the V-10 daily .

I don’t like working on Sunday but had to get cattel to the sale barn for Monday sale.

2 Likes

Good morning Wayne K, I have been seeing you pull large cattle trailers full of cows,bulls, and running the v10 all over creation,and 9 other trucks with many thousands miles and just had too ask if you ever melted down a fire tube.You sure have a feel too know when too back off the wood gas temps.THANKS/

Good morning Kevin .

Back in about 2004 with my first or second gasifier and kinda a FEMA design I did melt down a fire tube .

With the newer design fire tube I have had good luck .

BBB

1 Like

“With the newer design fire tube I have had good luck”

Wayne,

My only disagreement with your statement would be that you’ve made your own “luck” - with experience, good-judgement, realistic expectations, and the determination to not let setbacks make you quit trying.

3 Likes

Good looking, Wayne. Where I live people have to have a diesel truck to pull their fifth wheel camper trailer. Do you think you’re hauling more weight? :grinning:

1 Like

Hello Doug,

I might be pulling more weight but I’m not going as fast or as far .

1 Like

Good evening Wayne K how many pounds can you haul on those axles and lugs before the trailer is over loading them.SWEM

Hello Kevin ,

Years back I could haul 13 cows at 1000-1200 pounds each but the trailer is old ( I made it in 76 ) and also the tires .

I have learned that if you haul a half load you get to make more trips. SWEM :grin:

5 Likes

Good evening Wayne Keith,Nice looking job on the trailer.i welded my first trailer when i was about 16 year old in 1975 OR 1976,my dad still has the trailer,nice car hauler,only about 1400 pounds,out of 2 by 4.5" c iron 13.5’ trailer.Thanks

1 Like

That dakota on page 306,really holds a good speed at a nice low RPM, I see why the v8 dakota’s work good with wood mileage,and power when needed.The vidio i am refering too is after the cattle hauling trailer, under sunday drive on wood,no gasoline

Good morning Kevin.

This may be the video you are referring to .

Driving the dakota on the open road makes a very boring video :confounded:

You see a lot of mile post going by and me with a big smile stuck on my face :relaxed:

1 Like

Not with that nice country view…!