Wayne's V-10 Ram

That v10 really does the job with wood fuel for local farm work, WAYNE KEITH GETTING IT ROLLING.What ? kind of soup you got cooking.BBB

Good morning Kevin .

Yes the V-10 is a work horse.

Yesterday I pulled a cattle trailer a 35-40 miles , took the wife to Walmart 10-12 miles.

Also I ran a hopper of wood ( 2 hours ) through the ole tractor.

BBB

I once heard a story about a preacher that noticed a farmer was missing on Sunday morning. After the morning service the preacher went out driving looking for the farmer. He found him in a field, hard at work, baling hay. After getting the farmers attention he walked up and said, “Missed you in church this morning.”
The farmer looked at the preacher, wiped the sweat off his face, smiled and said, “Well pastor, I figure it like this. I would rather be out here in the field baling my hay thinking about God, then be sitting in Church thinking about my hay.”

12 Likes

Working the V-10 daily .

I don’t like working on Sunday but had to get cattel to the sale barn for Monday sale.

2 Likes

Good morning Wayne K, I have been seeing you pull large cattle trailers full of cows,bulls, and running the v10 all over creation,and 9 other trucks with many thousands miles and just had too ask if you ever melted down a fire tube.You sure have a feel too know when too back off the wood gas temps.THANKS/

Good morning Kevin .

Back in about 2004 with my first or second gasifier and kinda a FEMA design I did melt down a fire tube .

With the newer design fire tube I have had good luck .

BBB

1 Like

“With the newer design fire tube I have had good luck”

Wayne,

My only disagreement with your statement would be that you’ve made your own “luck” - with experience, good-judgement, realistic expectations, and the determination to not let setbacks make you quit trying.

3 Likes

Good looking, Wayne. Where I live people have to have a diesel truck to pull their fifth wheel camper trailer. Do you think you’re hauling more weight? :grinning:

1 Like

Hello Doug,

I might be pulling more weight but I’m not going as fast or as far .

1 Like

Good evening Wayne K how many pounds can you haul on those axles and lugs before the trailer is over loading them.SWEM

Hello Kevin ,

Years back I could haul 13 cows at 1000-1200 pounds each but the trailer is old ( I made it in 76 ) and also the tires .

I have learned that if you haul a half load you get to make more trips. SWEM :grin:

5 Likes

Good evening Wayne Keith,Nice looking job on the trailer.i welded my first trailer when i was about 16 year old in 1975 OR 1976,my dad still has the trailer,nice car hauler,only about 1400 pounds,out of 2 by 4.5" c iron 13.5’ trailer.Thanks

1 Like

That dakota on page 306,really holds a good speed at a nice low RPM, I see why the v8 dakota’s work good with wood mileage,and power when needed.The vidio i am refering too is after the cattle hauling trailer, under sunday drive on wood,no gasoline

Good morning Kevin.

This may be the video you are referring to .

Driving the dakota on the open road makes a very boring video :confounded:

You see a lot of mile post going by and me with a big smile stuck on my face :relaxed:

1 Like

Not with that nice country view…!

Good after noon MR wayne keith, Yes thats the vidio, Nice speed for only 1800 rpm.Them newer than my old 85 model trucks are much better engineered for milege.Have you got any new tricks in the premium section on timeing on OBD 2 dakotas yet.THANKS

Hello Kevin ,

I bought a 99 dakota ,360 V-8 ( it does have a distributor ) but haven’t put wood gas to it yet .

1 Like

HI Wayne those v8 93 too 95 dakota’s work real good for the wood gas plans,and really nice low rpms at 67 mph. Them dakota’s should last 250 K at 50-60 mph easy.

1 Like

What are the model years to look for with the v-10’s that are easily converted to wood gas?

I think 95 was the first year to offer the v10, but 96 starts the OBD2. I heard the earlier years of OBD2 were stupid enough to not get in the way, but I don’t know when they might start complaining.